CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

I'll tell you what. If after all this smoke. All this Chet medicals stuff. Paolo suddenly being the betting favourite. All the trade talk etc. Weltman saying we've been buttoned up the whole process. If after all that we pick Jabari Smith at #1 and call it a day (until the 2nd round anyway) when literally everyone in the NBA said we'd do that as early as the day after the draft I'll find the whole thing very anticlimactic. 

How are we feeling today vs say a couple weeks ago about the Magic hoodwinking the NBA and trading our #1 for an available star player?  Who would you see as a realistic target? And would that scenario be your preference given everything we know today about Jabari, Chet, Paolo...and the lack of certainty in one of those becoming a bona-fide star?

For the record, I know likely we stick with one of these top players in the draft. I'm pretty amped about the total package today + ceiling in Jabari.

2 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'll tell you what. If after all this smoke. All this Chet medicals stuff. Paolo suddenly being the betting favourite. All the trade talk etc. Weltman saying we've been buttoned up the whole process. If after all that we pick Jabari Smith at #1 and call it a day (until the 2nd round anyway) when literally everyone in the NBA said we'd do that as early as the day after the draft I'll find the whole thing very anticlimactic. 

As long as we get OUR guy i dont give a toss at all CT to be honest mate

You can always count on Woj and Shams to ruin the fun with their overwhelming need to be first to every news. What's the point in having all the pageantry if we know who's getting picked where already? 

2 minutes ago, Jon said:

Fanduel has Jabari at -10000 which is higher than Cade at -8000

So are we to supposed that #1 for #3 might not happen? Or is this for Jabari being taken by the Magic. 

A part of me wants to stay on this board and see where the tides all roll over the next 11 hours and another part of me wants to just watch the draft and be exceedingly surprised  / satisfied when the name is actually called.

Super hard decision right now. I just don’t want all the fun to be ruined by Woj. Lol 

2 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

So are we to supposed that #1 for #3 might not happen? Or is this for Jabari being taken by the Magic. 

Hell if I know... This draft is nuts.

2 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

A part of me wants to stay on this board and see where the tides all roll over the next 11 hours and another part of me wants to just watch the draft and be exceedingly surprised  / satisfied when the name is actually called.

Super hard decision right now. I just don’t want all the fun to be ruined by Woj. Lol 

I've been thinking this same exact thing. I'm happy with breaking trade news. But the actual picks themselves shouldn't be spoiled and the fact that Woj and Shams basically race to spoil them always pisses me off. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

I hear you my brother haha i hear ya. CT where are you from in the UK? I am from London myself. West London to be exact. We shall have a bet i think? If you are up for it? I am saying we make the playoffs... 50 quid bet?

Those terms are ok with me if you want to move ahead.  I seriously doubt we get anywhere near the playoffs this year