CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

Just now, Jay Magic said:

I shall come to the honeymoon instead my man hahahaha. Anyways congratulations in advance on the wedding. 

Whats your prediction for tonight?

Thanks!

My prediction as of like 24 hours ago I posted somewhere was: 

#1 Chet

#32 Caleb Houstan

#35 Traded

I'll stick with it even though it feels like it's going to be wildly incorrect now. Not a huge Houstan guy but I think I'd prefer him over Watson... 

12 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Where does he play? Whats his pros and cons? WeltHam must see something to trade for him. 

Opens youtube..searches Peyton Watson

6'8 with a 7'0 wingspan. Top 15 recruit who really struggled at UCLA. Good athlete but not an above the rim one. Plays defense. Has shown brief flashes of ability as a passer and midrange scorer. Very very raw. He's a very Weltman pick. I'm not opposed to seeing if he can turn into something but I just think he's more of a pick in the 40-60 range than the 20-35 range. 

So here’s a question - do we trade the #1 pick prior to the draft or do you think we draft a player #1 and THEN trade him to go back?

I have to imagine with no consensus #1, we trade the pick beforehand. I’m going with 1 hour before the draft. 

1 minute ago, TreyMachine said:

So here’s a question - do we trade the #1 pick prior to the draft or do you think we draft a player #1 and THEN trade him to go back?

I have to imagine with no consensus #1, we trade the pick beforehand. I’m going with 1 hour before the draft. 

Yea I think at #1 you trade before. But the funny thing is if we pick anybody but Jabari at #1 I expect people will still try and convince themselves were trading it until like the Rockets pick at 17. 

This is going to be the wildest draft since 2013. I don’t remember a draft in the last 10 years where the top 3 order was so unsure. It’s going to be wild. 

16 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

There is a world where this can be correct and so can Vegas. I think Houston is trading up to 1 so they can guarantee Paolo and we’re moving down to 3 and still gonna wind up with our top guy. No idea what the framework will look like, but that’s my feel right now.

• Upvote 1