CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

5 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Have a feeling people will like this one.

I just feel like there is too much to lose. My only real thought Is that Chet and Jabari are relatively equal, maybe how Webber and Penny were to us, so we draft the consensus best player and open up the opportunity for the team that grabs the other guy to make a trade offer that Lands us additional assets. Could be OKC. Could be Houston. Could be SAC. 

but I think if you like one player above the rest, you draft that player because there’s an equal likelihood someone else also likes that player down the board better than the guy you just drafted ahead of him. 

5 hours ago, Jon said:

This not an opinion. If he stays consistent, gets his diet in check, he will make gains within 3 months. Is he going to be the next Larry Wheeler? No but the body will always do what you tell it do through diet/weight training. 

And I got news for you, they are all projects. 

It actually is because not everyone can put on weight or muscle if they have narrow shoulders like Chet and such a scrawny frame no matter how hard they work in the gym or the type of diet he gets put on especially in only 3 months. How long did it take Bamba to put on any kind of muscle? He still gets pushed around on the block, can’t back down smaller opponents when they switch on him, and he consistently gets boxed out. Obviously they are all projects but Jabari’s shot is already NBA ready and that’s what we have been looking for since the Hedo Turkoglu, Rashard Lewis, and JJ Reddick days. Add in the fact he can play good defense on the perimeter as well as block shots at the rim. Picking Jabari is a no brainer if we are looking for a guy who can flat out get buckets. Adding Chet would be redundant and a disappointment if we chose him first overall and it would be another wasted lottery pick. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Have a feeling people will like this one.

I am down with Chet, but if we trade down and get assets and still get Jabari then i would be ok with that.

7 hours ago, Nyce_1 said:

Ringer's updated (6/17) mock has some good tidbits. 

1. Orl getting calls for #1

2. Jabari is the likely pick, but may be in a trade-down scenario

3. Hou trying to trade up to top 2

This is getting crazy. I really think there’s some serious gamesmanship going on. OKC and Houston are loaded with picks. Maybe we drop back a spot or two and still get our guy. Or we get Donovan Mitchell. Ha!

Also reading that Chet’s been in Orlando for 3 days is a thing, y’all. It’s either a huge smokescreen or we love him.

• Upvote 1

Joining the dots I think we go Banchero. There is way to much smoke throwing Jabari and Chets way. Happy with any of them, my preference is to get OKC or Houston’s pick 12/17 in a trade down. 

37 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Also reading that Chet’s been in Orlando for 3 days is a thing, y’all. It’s either a huge smokescreen or we love him.

Or we’re just really, really trying to evaluate him. Wasn’t Jabari only in for one day? 

I think you have to pit OKC against Houston. Both of them have to have a favorite guy, and neither seem to be clamoring for Jabari. Everyone is throwing smoke in think. 

This is probably one of the most exciting drafts we’ve had in a while with no clear cut top pick but a lot of talent. 

10 minutes ago, harley said:

Joining the dots I think we go Banchero. There is way to much smoke throwing Jabari and Chets way. Happy with any of them, my preference is to get OKC or Houston’s pick 12/17 in a trade down. 

Did we even bring in Banchero? He doesn’t fit AT ALL with our team philosophy or draft history unless we really believe he’s going to give a lot more effort on defense in the Pros getting paid than he did in college. 

11 hours ago, ball junkie said:

“I see myself being one of the greatest players to ever play the game of basketball, just geting after it and competing,” 

Nothing screams "competing" like choosing not to play basketball for a season.

• Upvote 1

There are social media rumours that Sharpe has had a horrible pre-draft and he could slip out of the lottery. Doubt he will though he's cancelled workouts with some back end lotto teams either because he's got a promise in the top 7 or so that those teams can't see him play and he doesn't slip further 

6 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

Did we even bring in Banchero? He doesn’t fit AT ALL with our team philosophy or draft history unless we really believe he’s going to give a lot more effort on defense in the Pros getting paid than he did in college. 

Rumours we're bringing him in in the next couple of days.

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Nothing screams "competing" like choosing not to play basketball for a season.

As for his decision not to play this season at Kentucky, which lost to Saint Peter’s in the first round of the NCAA Tournament, Sharpe says he has no regrets.

“Everything happens for a reason so I really don’t regret [not] playing,” he said. “I’m working out with NBA teams now so I guess I did something right.”

There was much speculation that his mentor Dwayne Washington was influential in Sharpe’s decision to sit out, but he said ultimately it was his call.

“I did talk to Cal [Kentucky coach John Calipari], my coach and trainer and my parents, but at the end of the day it was my decison to not play,” he said.

He did say part of him wanted to play at Kentucky.

“Me not playing, it’s hard,” he said. “Being a basketball player, you want to get out there and support your guys and play with your teammates and everything and compete. But I don’t think it’s really going to be too hard for me [to play] because I’ve been competing for a long time now.”

TyTy Washington, the Kentucky guard who is also in the draft, said Sharpe ultimately made a business decision not to play.

“He entered the draft, people say he’s supposed to be top five,” Washington said at the NBA Draft Combine. “I’m pretty sure anybody who’s in his shoes, and you don’t have to play a college game, you’re fresh out of high school and you don’t have to see a college floor and they’re saying you’re top five, I mean I see his situation.

“What if he had went out and God forbid, he would’ve tweaked something and now he has to sit and wait until the following season. I see what he’s doing and everything like that,” Washington added. “If I had a child and they’re saying he’s top five and he doesn’t have to play a minute of college, they’re going to take that for sure.”

I like the fact he’s manning up …he’s claiming his decisions …not running from them .

Tell you what CT …Let’s make a bet …and it may take a few years …between Chet and Sharpe …which career is the most successful …and injuries is part of the equation for both players …If Sharpe wins you leave this Forum …if Chet wins I’ll leave .

Deal ?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3