CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

1 minute ago, Natesroom said:

Link to Vid?

Its just Chet lifting weights mostly. He's wearing the blue shorts I mentioned at about 14 seconds or so I believe.

36 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Its just Chet lifting weights mostly. He's wearing the blue shorts I mentioned at about 14 seconds or so I believe.

First off wow he is incredibly skinny …as a lifelong gym rat …those dumbbell lunges he looks to be using 25 pound dumbbells …for comparison I’m 62 years old and weigh 175 and use 40 lbs …will be in the gym doing it shortly …the front squats he was doing looked to be 135 …not only is that weak for a prospective NBA player but it was aided by gadgets from a Smith machine …the dead lift was called an RDL …for glutes and hamstrings …my son who is a personal trainer said those are the skinny plates …not 45’s  …if I was only going that far I could do a lot more weight …that helps back and shoulders …didn’t see any chest and arm stuff not that he doesn’t do it but he certainly should .

I don’t think the Magic are gonna pick him anyway …with the knock on Chet being his body and durability issues …and with the Magics own heath/injury history with players I don't see how Weltham can risk it …first time Holmgren gets hurt you know what the naysayers will cry .

Lastly and most importantly his agent wants him in OKC …that’s pretty relevant .

Sorry CT 

Edit : the Smith machine had handles that help with balance but he wasn’t even doing his body weight 

Just edited my post again 

he seems very toned compared to most skinny people. Most have seen skinny tall people (like manute bol and others) that never actually looked like there was any musculature holding together the fragile bones.

16 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

First off wow he is incredibly skinny …as a lifelong gym rat …those dumbbell lunges he looks to be using 25 pound dumbbells …for comparison I’m 62 years old and weigh 175 and use 40 lbs …will be in the gym doing it shortly …the front squats he was doing looked to be 135 …not only is that weak for a prospective NBA player but it was aided by gadgets from a Smith machine …the dead lift was on par but he was only going halfway down …if I was only going that far I could do a lot more weight …that helps back and shoulders …didn’t see any chest and arm stuff not that he doesn’t do it but he certainly should .

I don’t think the Magic are gonna pick him anyway …with the knock on Chet being his body and durability issues …and with the Magics own heath/injury history with players I don't see how Weltham can risk it …first time Holmgren gets hurt you know what the naysayers will cry .

Lastly and most importantly his agent wants him in OKC …that’s pretty relevant .

Sorry CT 

Edit : the Smith machine had handles that help with balance but he wasn’t even doing his body weight 

I mean...  None of what you said has any baring on whether we draft him. Including where his agent wants him to go considering we have the #1 pick. So no need to apologise. 

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

I mean...  None of what you said has any baring on whether we draft him. Including where his agent wants him to go considering we have the #1 pick. So no need to apologise. 

Lol good luck bro …I would get my hopes up 

48 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

First off wow he is incredibly skinny …as a lifelong gym rat …those dumbbell lunges he looks to be using 25 pound dumbbells …for comparison I’m 62 years old and weigh 175 and use 40 lbs …will be in the gym doing it shortly …the front squats he was doing looked to be 135 …not only is that weak for a prospective NBA player but it was aided by gadgets from a Smith machine …the dead lift was on par but he was only going halfway down …if I was only going that far I could do a lot more weight …that helps back and shoulders …didn’t see any chest and arm stuff not that he doesn’t do it but he certainly should .

Sorry CT 

He can make a lot of gains in the next 3 months. Not concerned. Glad he’s putting in the work.

8 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

It's a famous story... But I found this with like 10 seconds of googling.

https://hoopshype.com/gallery/kevin-durant-players-bench-press-nba-draft-combine/

My bad I thought I read you were saying that about Jabari Smith …wanted evidence .

That link is hilarious …almost all of them are guard/wings …not guys that bang down low …and I don’t have time to count but look at how many of them either played one season or just a handful of games lol …Durant was an outlier …he can play in the post but we all know where he excels at.

Chet doesn’t even wanna be here …it was clear as day to me after that TMZ video surfaced …even clearer when his agent made public statements …I will be absolutely shocked if we draft him …and if that’s all we do you can add disappointed .

3 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

My bad I thought I read you were saying that about Jabari Smith …wanted evidence .

That link is hilarious …almost all of them are guard/wings …not guys that bang down low …and I don’t have time to count but look at how many of them either played one season or just a handful of games lol …Durant was an outlier …he can play in the post but we all know where he excels at.

Chet doesn’t even wanna be here …it was clear as day to me after that TMZ video surfaced …even clearer when his agent made public statements …I will be absolutely shocked if we draft him …and if that’s all we do you can add disappointed .

I don't really care about the link you asked for it so I sent it. 

His agent hasn't publicly said anything. Russilo has "heard" that his agent wants him to go to OKC. That's it. We don't know if that's real. We don't know the source of that.

I'm sure Chet would be absolutely wounded to play with one of his best friends from high school who he followed to Gonzaga, I also can't imagine many twenty somethings would rather live in Oklahoma than Orlando. 

And if his agent did really say that to somebody that could very well be cope at the fact that they already know we're picking Jabari so they're trying to save face.