CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

4 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Soul …I found a fleece partner …and it’s your favorite writers and their hypothetical …listen to the last 90 seconds …it’s only 5 minutes .

And on the video itself …they are banking on Smith becoming an alpha down the road …they say we have shot creators already …not sure I buy that …yes we have shot creators but not sure we have shot makers and finishers and I know you understand what m saying …Weltham on the clock …let’s see if they can somehow take this number 1 pick and set us up for the future 

Yes, I like that video. By alpha I mean a guy who can be the guy to get you a bucket when it matters, lead the team in scoring, etc. I watched a lot of Smith in college and he's got ice in his veins as a marksman. We'll find out soon enough!

9 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Yes, I like that video. By alpha I mean a guy who can be the guy to get you a bucket when it matters, lead the team in scoring, etc. I watched a lot of Smith in college and he's got ice in his veins as a marksman. We'll find out soon enough!

Yeah exactly you’re not convinced either …what'd you think of my fleece partners, Houston and Detroit ? …Can you at least admit that opportunity exists now ?

9 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Yeah exactly you’re not convinced either …

I'm not sure how to respond here. Yes, I believe Smith can be an alpha. When I said, "We'll find out," I was referring to who we'll pick. And, no, I don't believe anyone's getting fleeced by us, because I don't think WeltHam trade down. Smith and Chet represent too much of the type of the player WeltHam are known to love. If we want Sharpe, I believe we'll need to trade up to #4 to get him. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I'm not sure how to respond here. Yes, I believe Smith can be an alpha. When I said, "We'll find out," I was referring to who we'll pick. And, no, I don't believe anyone's getting fleeced by us, because I don't think WeltHam trade down. Smith and Chet represent too much of the type of the player WeltHam are known to love. If we want Sharpe, I believe we'll need to trade up to #4 to get him. 

Would you trade down knowing what you know about the equality of the guys mentioned at the top ? Also, you’ve mentioned Sharpe as one of the four you think has star quality …wouldn’t you at the minimum bring him in for a workout and get to know session ? …Sheeesh, am I missing something …even Vecenie said he’d do that 

4 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

If we pass on any star, it’ll be rough. WeltHam are definitely on the clock. To answer your questions about Smith, I absolutely believe he’s an alpha and can be a star. He’s an offensive assassin with his shot and a super switchable giant wing. I think Holmgren, Banchero, Ivey and Sharpe also all have star potential… though I believe certain guys better fit our system and culture.

By the end of the year Jabari was calling for the ball and was visibly upset when his guards didn’t provide. 

His desire for the ball to be in his hands leads me to believe he has Alpha in him. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

And Soul …you keep mentioning culture …and I think it’s great everybody gets along …makes me think of the Brady Bunch lol …but this culture you mention has the most losses in the league the last 12 years …Just saying, can we at least be somewhat competitive with this culture who up until this point has been coached to tank …I love Smith, like you I saw him play quite a bit at Auburn …you know we need an Alpha shot creator …you know his warts and ceiling …Rashard Lewis was a not a star player until he had an alpha around him 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

Would you trade down knowing what you know about the equality of the guys mentioned at the top ? Also, you’ve mentioned Sharpe as one of the four you think has star quality …wouldn’t you at the minimum bring him in for a workout and get to know session ? …Sheeesh, am I missing something …even Vecenie said he’d do that 

I’d be ecstatic to draft Sharpe if that’s who WeltHam love. Knowing our front office, they’ve done a ton of research on him already. Remember they were the guys sitting courtside at the individual combine workout. Honestly, they may be playing it cool precisely because they don’t want to tip their hand in a trade up.

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

And Soul …you keep mentioning culture …and I think it’s great everybody gets along …makes me think of the Brady Bunch lol …but this culture you mention has the most losses in the league the last 12 years …Just saying, can we at least be somewhat competitive with this culture who up until this point has been coached to tank …I love Smith, like you I saw him play quite a bit at Auburn …you know we need an Alpha shot creator …you know his warts and ceiling …Rashard Lewis was a not a star player until he had an alpha around him 

The difference is Smith’s personality is nothing like Lewis’s personality. Smith was already a go-to force for one of the best teams in college. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Well, well, well …maybe I’ve got hope after all 

I think the upside is enough there that someone takes a swing at him and trades up at #7 or #8. I'm also surprised, however, that he isn't working out for a team as no one really has game tape to go off of to even evaluate him (and maybe make a decision to move up in the draft to get him). If I'm Sharpe's agent, I'm getting him privately in front of whomever wants to meet him. 

Can I just say I wish we had the Moldy Hobo this offseason? That individual is still a legend for that account a few summers back. 

• Like 2