CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

Magic social media is all over Jabari coming in for his workout. I’m sure they’ll do the same for Chet and Paolo. I’m wondering if they’ll highlight anyone else though? 

In terms of the top guys of this draft …we are 2 weeks away …today is the first workout I’ve seen of the top guys (Smith) working out for teams other than Keegan Murray .

I’ve been searching everywhere trying to find out what teams Sharpe is working out for …can’t find anything …you’d think Sharpe would have to workout for a team considering his resume …maybe he has a promise and only working out for select teams I do not know.

But the point is where and who all these guys at the top of the draft are working out for are good indicators where they’ll land…or where they want and think they’ll land.

Anyway, appreciate the posts so far giving info of where the top guys (not just Sharpe) are working out …anybody that finds that stuff if you could post it I’d greatly appreciate it .

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Lol CT …how you got out of my post that my ticket rep somehow has input on who we draft lol …but he can tell his bosses what he’s hearing from potential season ticket holders …also, on my initial convo with my ticket rep when I inquired about season tickets …and he knew me from before …he said and I quote, “please tell me you’re not a Chet fan” …

Edit: No star players even at the top …hence my point about acquiring as many assets as possible 

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Y'know what affects ticket sales a lot more than who we draft? Winning.

And if this front office thinks Chet gives us the best chance to win big they should do that even if Alex Martins himself tells Weltman he's heard we'll sell more tickets if we draft somebody else. 

5 years from now if Chet is an All NBA player I'm sure you won't be sat at home saying "nope still not buying tickets because we didn't draft who I wanted that time"

If none of the top three in this draft turn out to be superstars, though, which is certainly possible, then the Magic ignore their season ticket holders at their peril.  So if they draft someone who a significant fraction of season ticket holders don’t want, that person better have a big impact,  because otherwise they’ll lose more of their remaining and highly loyal key fans. 

4 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

If none of the top three in this draft turn out to be superstars, though, which is certainly possible, then the Magic ignore their season ticket holders at their peril.  So if they draft someone who a significant fraction of season ticket holders don’t want, that person better have a big impact,  because otherwise they’ll lose more of their remaining and highly loyal key fans. 

If you haven't left yet...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

If you haven't left yet...

This draft is part of the FULL REBUILD process....like it was last year and like it will be next year.

So far this FO has to have the benefit of the doubt with the way that they have conducted their business. I believe they will do very well in this year's draft, trades and free agency.

I stand by what I've said a few times.....the team will turn on the Magic after next year's draft and free agency.....2023/2024, the run for the playoffs begin.....finally !!!

The Magic should be one of teams that compete for championships the second part of this decade....2025/2029. We have to get that 1st one my friends.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

In terms of the top guys of this draft …we are 2 weeks away …today is the first workout I’ve seen of the top guys (Smith) working out for teams other than Keegan Murray .

I’ve been searching everywhere trying to find out what teams Sharpe is working out for …can’t find anything …you’d think Sharpe would have to workout for a team considering his resume …maybe he has a promise and only working out for select teams I do not know.

But the point is where and who all these guys at the top of the draft are working out for are good indicators where they’ll land…or where they want and think they’ll land.

Anyway, appreciate the posts so far giving info of where the top guys (not just Sharpe) are working out …anybody that finds that stuff if you could post it I’d greatly appreciate it .

there's a guy on twitter and he said Sharpe worked out for us earlier this week. i believe him.

37 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

there's a guy on twitter and he said Sharpe worked out for us earlier this week. i believe him.

Thanks Nyce …any links ? …I mean, even the guys who are 2nd round material …we’ve had links posted of workouts here 

56 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

Speaking of …I just found this 

2 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

This draft is part of the FULL REBUILD process....like it was last year and like it will be next year.

So far this FO has to have the benefit of the doubt with the way that they have conducted their business. I believe they will do very well in this year's draft, trades and free agency.

I stay by what I've said a few times.....the team will turn on the Magic after next year's draft and free agency.....2023/2024, the run for the playoffs begin.....finally !!!

The Magic should be one of teams that compete for championships the second part of this decade....2025/2029. We have to get that 1st one my friends.

We have Franz already.. he is him !!

10 hours ago, ball junkie said:

4) Weltham has promised they will not draft for need but that acquiring talent is a prerequisite .

I want Weltham to come out and promise based on the constant injury results with JI, we won't draft someone that visually looks like injuries just waiting to happen. No stickboys!!!