CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

10 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Here’s 16 minutes of game film from what looks like the same tournament you referenced …was a great game …down to the end …Sharpe has a chance to tie it with a 3 but as the announcer said it looked as if he bobbled the ball on the way up …winner made the Championship game …and his off ball movement I’m not worried about …I can provide comments from people in the know if you wish.

And I’m assuming nobody could provide any gym strength data …at least nobody has to this point …I know at the combine the bench is one of the variables …I’d say in dissecting Chets game that is extremely important …I mean if he can’t even bench press his body weight how in the heck is he gonna bang with grown men …at 190 lbs ????

Sheeesh …as I said earlier look at what is going on in the NBA Finals right now physically and picture Chet and his frame/weight trying to set screens or bang down low and if he isn’t even strong on top of that …the physicality is immense !

Anybody that can provide Chet strength measurements I’m all ears …and it is highly relevant imo …I looked and could find nothing …probably nobody wants people to find out 

Thanks for providing Junkie, I’ll give it a watch tonight. 

Also, I’ll do some digging and see if I can find anything on Chet’s strength as I think that would be interesting as well. If I can, I’ll be sure to post. 

5 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Ok so yeah gimme squat strength …bench was just a starting point …and I loved squatting …because as a bb player myself that’s when I made a major jump in my play …way more explosive …and I hear ya carrying the feed sack …not sure you lifted weights at that time but my guess is that is you could carry a 100 pound feed sack your legs would be strong doing squats also 

Two sacks - one on each shoulder!

2 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

Two sacks - one on each shoulder!

Haha ok …looks like we’re bringing in a guard/wing tomorrow …pretty consistent shooting the 3 for four years :

https://mobile.twitter.com/khobi_price/status/1534307767271538690?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4279886/tevin-brown

9 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I just can’t shake what Mike Schmitz said about Chet: “Chet’s the best prospect I’ve ever scouted.” I mean that’s nuts. Think about that comment. I think I’m down for Jabari or Chet at #1… or Donovan. Ha!

Edit - And keep in mind I called him “Twiggy” for months. I don’t like his body, but given that he’s a perimeter power forward (imho), I think I can live with the injury risk because of the upside.

Didn’t he say that about Wembanyama?

https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2022/06/08/orlando-magic-2022-nba-draft-shaedon-sharpe-international-man-of-mystery/amp

Sharpe’s success will mainly depend on where he ends up.

If he is drafted to an organization with patience and a good development program for their young players, then he’ll blossom into the player many think he can be….(cough cough Moseley)

But the potential is undoubtedly there. He is someone who is front and center on draft boards even for teams at the top. And everyone is just trying to get an idea of who this guy is before they sit down to make their pick.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/doncilu01.html

Luka’s stats …just a steady increase/development  year 1 to 4 …whom I think Moseley gets credit for from many people .

• Upvote 1

I'm surprised Jalen Duren isn't getting more top 7 buzz. Admittedly he's a big who can't shoot or post up so he's hardly a sexy pick but he's not even 19, is built like Prime Dwight and is an incredible athlete who blocks shots, rebounds, finishes around the rim. Plus he's shown some real passing flashes which make you think he could play a Bam like role if he develops. 

It's easy to say those type of Bigs aren't valuable anymore (I know John Hollinger has repeatedly made that argument) but he seems like the type who you look back in a few  years and he's a top 5 player in the draft. 

Don't want us to draft him or anything, he shouldn't be in the conversation at #1 and he's a terrible fit with WCJ but just a random draft thought. 

4 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Didn’t he say that about Wembanyama?

I don’t believe so (but I could be wrong!). It was right after the draft. Maybe in a podcast with Woj or Lowe.

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I still think Paolo could be a dark horse for us. He has the size, skill, and game to be “the guy,” and I think as he could be an even better scorer with NBA spacing as long as his 3 keeps developing. I think Jabari is the safer bet tho. 

7 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

It’s an interesting comparison. I don’t really remember much about Tatum in college but I don’t think there was ever any question that his future in the NBA was as a wing rather than a big, whereas the same can’t be said about Paolo. Tho with Franz next to him I don’t know if that matters too much.

The odds makers seem pretty sure it is Jabari, but I dont think any of them are off the table fit-wise, since to an extent each of the top 3 fit into  spots on the team where capital has already been invested

6 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I don’t believe so (but I could be wrong!). It was right after the draft. Maybe in a podcast with Woj or Lowe.

I know he was very very high on Chet, regardless.

On Wembanyama, I’m still undecided. I have to see someone like him dominate the NBA to be fully convinced.