CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

I wish this forum had a voting function like other forums. I’d be curious to see the results for this group regarding who should be drafted first  

Attached  is a screenshot of the voting from another site. 

3B920C85-1D61-401F-8135-123B510FE3B2.jpeg

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, J-Mac said:

Man this front office got their work cut out for them

do you pick Chet who can be injury prone like Issac and porzingus, and how will he adjust to grown men who are stronger and freak athletes flying at him.

or Jabari a guy who struggles with putting the ball on the floor and shot 43% from the field against college defense.

and Paolo a guy who relies on playing bully ball with that 250 pound weight he has. Will that work against guys just as strong and Paolo’s handle and defense isn’t all that great

Or you could take a chance on a kid with the highest upside …doesn’t look like any of these 3 are guaranteed success stories either .

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CdzQXN9J_jO/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Sharpe is exactly what the NBA is selling …and I’m still waiting on that visit …things can change and since he’s said he wants to go one I’m pretty sure he’ll be out to impress…we need a Star desperately …getting a star can change the whole trajectory of this franchise 

6 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Would be fun if Shaqs son played for us lool

Hit up his college reference page. If his name was Shareef Johnson he wouldn't be declaring for anything, he might not even be at LSU. 

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

Hit up his college reference page. If his name was Shareef Johnson he wouldn't be declaring for anything, he might not even be at LSU. 

Very true CT... very true haha

I think there's enough circumstantial evidence to suggest we might be in on Caleb Houstan with one of our seconds. 

This organisation has shown a propensity for Michigan guys lately (aren't the Devos family from Michigan?). He's a former top recruit, 6'8, long arms and can shoot the ball. Plus he's still only 19. Those sound like things we'd be in to. 

He's also terribly unathletic and has virtually no impact on the game besides his jumper which is good but not, at present at least, great.

I wouldn't be raving about it but if you can teach him to play smart defense and his jumper improves he can probably stick in the league as a bench stretch 4. 

Team we target if we are getting back into the 1st round could be 

Dallas at 26th

Memphis at 22nd and 29th

Denver at 21st

Timberwolves at 19th

Hawks 16th?? 

Interesting... 

11 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Team we target if we are getting back into the 1st round will be

Dallas at 26th

Memphis at 22nd and 29th

Denver at 21st

Timberwolves at 19th

Hawks 16th?? 

Interesting... 

I'm all in on a world where we get #1 and a pick in the 20s. 

Don't think there's much chance we can get to 16 but like 26 seems feasible.

2 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Or you could take a chance on a kid with the highest upside …doesn’t look like any of these 3 are guaranteed success stories either .

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CdzQXN9J_jO/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Sharpe is exactly what the NBA is selling …and I’m still waiting on that visit …things can change and since he’s said he wants to go one I’m pretty sure he’ll be out to impress…we need a Star desperately …getting a star can change the whole trajectory of this franchise 

Givony’s latest article has Sharpe going 9 to The Spurs.  I know he is your guy but we can’t stay at 1 and pick him. I think when all is said and done he goes in the 4-7 range. We would definitely have to trade back and pick up some assets.  Otherwise that’s  bad asset management.   I’d prefer just to stay at 1 and draft Jabari or one of the other top 3 guys. 

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Can’t be worse than Bamba 

I know this is a joke but Bamba is considerably better at basketball than Shareef O'Neal has ever been. Bamba scored more points in his injury hit rookie season than Shareef managed in 3 years in college.