CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

48 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I am very concerned how you'll react when we don't draft Sharpe.

Haha. Junkie will make it through if that happens. He's been a Magic fan forever and is actually the reason I joined this forum 500 years ago.

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

I am very concerned how you'll react when we don't draft Sharpe.

Chet ! Chet ! …Is that you ??? …Have they found where you fit best yet ??? …just having a little fun with you CT lol

39 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Chet ! Chet ! …Is that you ??? …Have they found where you fit best yet ??? …just having a little fun with you CT lol

I've found where he fits best. At PF next to Wendell Carter Jr. ;) 

23 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Ball Junkie. Serious question. If Sharpe was not committed to UK, would you be so sure he is thee guy?

Or, imagine if Chet was a Wildcat!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Ball Junkie. Serious question. If Sharpe was not committed to UK, would you be so sure he is thee guy?

Is this really a serious question? :P :P :P

3 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Fan I love your style …I can tell you are an independent thinker …you don’t necessarily follow the masses lol.

So I was a member at a Rivals pay site for college football discussion …when bb season rolled around I thought cool I can probably access some UK bb articles …so I started exploring …came across a Rivals site called Rupps Rafters …my membership allowed me to also post and interact with other UK followers …you talk about bb crazy …wow is all I’ll say 

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/forums/rupp-rafters-basketball-forum.26/

This site has bb discussion 24 hours a day 

Anyway, when I first got there I honestly had no clue who Shaedon Sharpe was …all I know is he was a polarizing figure and anytime a thread or his name came up emotions were high with opinions all over the place …I quickly became hooked …then I realized what a talent he is …I was like this dudes at UK LFG …then Cal came out at the beginning of February and said Shaedon is not gonna play this season but he is committed to practicing and getting better and will lead us next season …this is not an unprecedented thing as Hamidou Diallo did the exact same thing except he actually played the next season .

The end of the season for UK was a major disappointment …but my hopes were not crushed because I felt not only was Shaedon gonna return but Oscar Scheibwe too …we would have been the most highly ranked and anticipated team in quite a while …Cal saying Shaedon was gonna lead us.

As the weeks passed after the season skepticism about Sharpe returning started getting louder …I was keeping my fingers crossed but my doubt grew …Kyle Tucker of the Athletic tweeted this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/KyleTucker_ATH/status/1515033383264473093

Which was interesting …by all appearances Sharpe seems to be a great kid with loving and supportive parents …as you read this tweet you can see the kid was still enrolled and taking classes at that time …nobody and I repeat nobody really knows the details of all this circus …who was running the show, did Cal try to get the kid to play or did he facilitate this debacle …unless one or some of the participants are gonna talk .

Now on Sharpe …I keep going back to what Sam Vecenie of the Athletic said when prompted by a guy asking what he anticipated Sharpe’s draft position to be …he said he would be stunned if Sharpe fell out of the top 10 …and then added that if a certain team got the number 1 pick he could be in that conversation …the guy asked what team …Vecenie said Orlando …he fills the exact thing they need …a shot creating wing for himself and others …he then referenced the log jam of bigs we have …of the 3 bigs at the top of this draft right now Banchero actually fits better than Holmgren or Smith.

Back to Vecenie …he said bring Shaedon in for a workout …see what you think and go from there …Sharpe has said he wants to go 1 …I’m positive he will be asked what happened at UK …and he will have to explain …Weltham will have to decide if that is a factor and what’s what …but I think anybody that is writing Sharpe off before he even gets to visit town is very premature .

Lastly, so once I realized the Sharpe chance to play at UK was over it dawned on me that hey, I used to follow the Magic but all the tanking was not for me …maybe, just maybe we could luck into getting him …I could maybe watch him play in person, be a season ticket holder again …which brought me back here …and I still have that hope.

But please Weltham …no more mismatched rosters ala your predecessor Hennigan .

So Fan to answer your question …I’m a big believer in Sharpe and yes, even if he was not a UK guy I believe he is the best fit …the kid has talent and the highest ceiling in the draft …time will tell .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ball junkie said:

it dawned on me that hey, I used to follow the Magic but all the tanking was not for me …maybe, just maybe we could luck into getting him …I could maybe watch him play in person, be a season ticket holder again …which brought me back here …and I still have that hope.

But please Weltham …no more mismatched rosters ala your predecessor Hennigan .

So Fan to answer your question …I’m a big believer in Sharpe and yes, even if he was not a UK guy I believe he is the best fit …the kid has talent and the highest ceiling in the draft …time will tell .

Sometimes i have an unused Ticket for games. Not sure what your schedule is but most of my friends just meet me in the front where the place to pickup tickets about 6ish and i then i scan my two tics. its usually a day of thing. Dead Center First Row Upper bowl.