CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

54 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

I’ve gone back and watched several full games from Chet and Jabari so far. I choose games where they played against NBA level talent. Not specially ranked teams, but teams that had NBA level talent at their positions. 

I plan to do this for Paolo and Ivey as well. 

I plan to do a full review of each prospect, but my biggest take away to date is Auburns guards suck. They are always looking for their own shot, unless it’s a designed play. 

I’ve counted 1 open shot for Jabari off of an assist so far. Their ball moment was horrendous. 

Man you got that right. I watched 4-5 of Auburns games and their guards were really bad. I really think Smith playing with NBA Guards will make him even better. 

1 hour ago, DestroidMengars said:

I get wanting to look beyond the 3 bigs, as bigs are usually overvalued in drafts: 

"So … do you want to pick from the bin that provided 27 All-Stars or the bin that gave us three?" https://theathletic.com/3317217/2022/05/18/nba-draft-2022-top-20-prospects/

I'm just curious why all the love for picking a non-big seems to be for Sharpe and no one seems to want Ivey?

For me Ivey’s shot and shot form are pretty rough. I love his aggressiveness and speed but I wish his outside shot was cleaner.

On a side note, I think Murray is a legit sleeper pick if we move down. He checks so many Magic boxes, and WeltHam have been scouting him for a while.

5 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

While Sharpe’s shot “looks” good, can someone provide his 3PT% from high school, AAU and key tournaments? Honestly, I’m too tired to go hunting. I’m asking based on the 18% I read a couple of pages ago.

https://www.si.com/nba/thunder/.amp/news/shaedon-sharpe-carries-an-unprecendented-skillset-and-big-pre-draft-expectations

With the NBA Draft Lottery commencing next Tuesday, it wouldn’t be crazy to suggest Sharpe may drop out of scrimmages if a draft promise surfaces.

One of the most detailed articles I’ve seen on Sharpe …got a whole section on his shooting and percentages …I’m convinced he’s got a promise in the top 4 …this a Thunder site 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, MagicMan1979 said:

Man you got that right. I watched 4-5 of Auburns games and their guards were really bad. I really think Smith playing with NBA Guards will make him even better. 

Agreed, his 42% 3 point percentage is remarkable considering the guard play he dealt with. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ball junkie said:

https://www.si.com/nba/thunder/.amp/news/shaedon-sharpe-carries-an-unprecendented-skillset-and-big-pre-draft-expectations

One of the most detailed articles I’ve seen on Sharpe …got a whole section on his shooting and percentages …I’m convinced he’s got a promise in the top 4 …this a Thunder site 

Thanks! Good article.

9 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

Potentially a hot take, but Chet is Victor Wembanyama lite lite. 

Victor is the real Unicorn! 

Yea but we don't have the #1 pick in the 2023 draft. And if we did people would complain that Victor was too skinny and we should draft someone else (probably Scoot Henderson tbh who I'm not going to lie does look to be an elite guard prospect).

4 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Yea but we don't have the #1 pick in the 2023 draft. And if we did people would complain that Victor was too skinny and we should draft someone else (probably Scoot Henderson tbh who I'm not going to lie does look to be an elite guard prospect).

Allow me to clarify, I wasn’t saying don’t draft Chet because of Victor. I believe Welham should draft whoever is BPA on their board. It’s an ill-advised strategy to not draft best player available when you were as bad as we were last year. 

I’m just saying Victor is better than Chet which is pretty wild since most analyst consider Chet the number 1 prospect. Some even consider him a generational talent. 

In regards to Scoot, I know the name, but haven’t dug into his game yet. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

While Sharpe’s shot “looks” good, can someone provide his 3PT% from high school, AAU and key tournaments? Honestly, I’m too tired to go hunting. I’m asking based on the 18% I read a couple of pages ago.

12 games Dream City 18% from three

12 Games EYBL 36.4% from three

Taken together 24 games at 27% for three from 16-18age

MagicFanDan grow up man …pretty sure that’s you giving me all the downvotes …this is a draft with no clear number 1 …opinions are all over the place …gave me a downvote for posting an article about success rates of highly ranked HS kids …My thinking when observing this board was that it was a little more mature than that …

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

12 games Dream City 18% from three

12 Games EYBL 36.4% from three

Taken together 24 games at 27% for three in HS

You have to look at form …the article suggested if he concentrated on it more he’d be perfect 3-level scorer …he tore it up shooting wise in his Pro Day 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1