CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

44 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

I hope he's better than his uncle Jeryl Sasser! I don't think Jeryl was anyone's favorite Magic pick/player. 

I like the idea of redemption for the Sasser family in the eyes of Magic fans lol. 

From Twitter, not my opinion.

Jabari Fans - Don't overthink it, he will learn to dribble, playmake, and shot create.
Chet Fans - Don't overthink it, he's going to gain 50 pounds, and beat the 7 foot unicorn injury curse.
Chet/Jabari Fans - You're over thinking Paolo who doesn't have these concerns!

13 minutes ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

Jabari Fans - Don't overthink it, he will learn to dribble, playmake, and shot create.
Chet Fans - Don't overthink it, he's going to gain 50 pounds, and beat the 7 foot unicorn injury curse.

Paolo Fans - Don't overthink it, he will learn to play consistent defense.

1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

Paolo Fans - Don't overthink it, he will learn to play consistent defense.

If he played good D he would be my 1st choice. Too much matador defense from the Vuc school of defense.

2 hours ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

Well we finally stank badly enough for long enough to luck into the first pick, and no two people can agree on who it should be, or even if any of them will become all-star material.  Kind of poetic justice from my tank-hating perspective.  

• Upvote 1

We were 29th offensively, give me Paulo or Jabari. Maybe Sharpe too if he shows flashes in his workouts 

10 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Well we finally stank badly enough for long enough to luck into the first pick, and no two people can agree on who it should be, or even if any of them will become all-star material.  Kind of poetic justice from my tank-hating perspective.  

IMO it's a good draft with several potential all stars, but I have to question the durability of Chet. I just can't see him adding more than a few pounds on that skeletal frame. 

5 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Sharpe looks good here. However, to answer to your question, “Yes, I still think he has to do more to prove the doubters wrong.” It looks like a lot of the guys in this and the other videos are just kids. However he does it, be it against Fultz and Suggs or other prospects in this draft, I truly believe “how” Sharpe handles this predraft process will determine if he’s a true candidate for 1. I’m personally hoping he goes all out in some way to make the decision hard for WeltHam.

I can’t tell if you are being serious or just trying to be an opposing viewpoint …He’s in HS …those vids are HS …but I would respectfully disagree …those ‘kids’ don’t look like ‘kids’ to me …they are the most talented guys in HS …that last vid I even commented to look at the caliber of guys he’s playing against …on the HS level Sharpe has nothing to prove …he’s ranked numero uno …he dominated the top league in the US last summer .

You keep mentioning playing against college kids and that’s what you wanna see …Now I’m not comparing the players but the circumstances …but Dwight nor Lebron played against even college level when they were in the draft process …I would even debate that Sharpe has a leg up on them …as not only has he practiced with UK but UK players as well as Givony have given him rave reviews …Givony saying he was super impressed with Shaedon passing and his ability to facilitate and make others better …his skill and athleticism is a given.

First time Lebron played against men was in summer league …was in Orlando and I was there …Amway was full …I anticipate the same thing happening when Sharpe gets to summer league ….if they allow fans .

Your call Weltham ……

Edit: I know I’m not the only guy on the Sharpe wagon …I was at -89 when I came back at the beginning of March …I’m now at a plus 23 in that short time span and a lot of my posts concern Sharpe …so whoever is giving me upvotes I appreciate it lol 

Edit: But I’m sure Dwight and Lebron only experience in the draft process playing against men was when they visited the teams that were considering drafting them 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

Majority of Magic Fans on Paolo- Don't overthink it. We just got out of a long-term relationship with a ball dominant big that played no defense and couldn't get us out of the First Round.

Chet/Jabari Fans on Sharpe - Don't overthink it.  Don't talk to me about potential.  He didn't even play college ball.  All we have to look at are self-selected highlights of him playing in a senior citizens rec league at the local YMCA.  

UK Fans on Sharpe - Don't overthink it.  He ruined two of our seasons without every playing a game.  You should ignore his talent because he treated us "like a blanket from the convenience store."  (I'm sorry.  I may be the only one that finds that to be pure comedic gold.  I get that Kentucky can be colder than Florida, but come on.  "Hey honey.  I'm running down to the convenience store for a 12 pack and smokes."  "Don't forget the blanket?")   

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

I can’t tell if you are being serious or just trying to be an opposing viewpoint …He’s in HS …those vids are HS …but I would respectfully disagree …those ‘kids’ don’t look like ‘kids’ to me …they are the most talented guys in HS …that last vid I even commented to look at the caliber of guys he’s playing against …on the HS level Sharpe has nothing to prove …he’s ranked numero uno …he dominated the top league in the US last summer .

You keep mentioning playing against college kids and that’s what you wanna see …Now I’m not comparing the players but the circumstances …but Dwight nor Lebron played against even college level when they were in the draft process …I would even debate that Sharpe has a leg up on them …as not only has he practiced with UK but UK players as well as Givony have given him rave reviews …Givony saying he was super impressed with Shaedon passing and his ability to facilitate and make others better …his skill and athleticism is a given.

First time Lebron played against men was in summer league …was in Orlando and I was there …Amway was full …I anticipate the same thing happening when Sharpe gets to summer league ….if they allow fans .

Your call Weltham ……

Edit: I know I’m not the only guy on the Sharpe wagon …I was at -89 when I came back at the beginning of March …I’m now at a plus 23 in that short time span and a lot of my posts concern Sharpe …so whoever is giving me upvotes I appreciate it lol 

Edit: But I’m sure Dwight and Lebron only experience in the draft process playing against men was when they visited the teams that were considering drafting them 

Interesting that Dwight and LeBron are your examples for guys coming straight out of highschool and not Kwame Brown, Martell Webster or Darius Miles.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Interesting that Dwight and LeBron are your examples for guys coming straight out of highschool and not Kwame Brown, Martell Webster or Darius Miles.

I don't think anyone else coming directly from high school has ever had as much buzz as Lebron, and love him or hate him, deservedly so. On the other hand, the kind of buzz Sharpe has generated does remind me of the debates surrounding whether or not to pick Dwight #1.

I think because Kwame Brown, Martell Webster and Darius Miles all turned out to have pretty mediocre careers, we have forgotten the buzz surrounding each of them. Kwame Brown did go #1, and somehow played 12 years(?!?)in the league, Webster went #6 and lasted 10, Miles #3 and played 7 (out two with knee) seasons. Each is definitely a cautionary tale for taking a high school player in the top 10. 

All we can do is hope/trust our F.O. will do their due diligence to make sure if they take this kid that he is more Dwight/Lebron/Kevin Garnett and less Brown/Webster/Miles. Conversely, I hope if they pass on him, that he turns out to be more Webster/Miles. I wouldn't wish Kwame Brown on anyone (well, maybe the Lakers or Heat). LOL

• Upvote 1