CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

29 minutes ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

Who we need is Sharpe. The question is, do we have the balls to take him #1

If you're gonna take him, trade down to #4 but before you do, convince Sacramento to make the worst decision of their lives and trade Sabonis for the privilege. Not that they'd do that mind you. That's just one fan's outlandish fantasy. It's just that Chet, Paolo and Jabari are all going 1, 2 and 3 in any particular order. Sharpe WILL be there at #4.

If you want Sharpe, get as much as you possibly can on top of it in a trade down and then go on a free agent spending spree. 

Like.... Imagine a world where we don't have to rely on guys like Ross.

2 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

Jabari projected per 36 MPG = Potential for 20 to 25 PPG,  40% from 3 in his rookie year. This is elite. And can defend 94' x 50'

Kevin in his rookie year 20 PPG and 29% from 3

Now do KD at Texas. 

EDIT: wait are you saying Jabari will average 20ppg as a rookie? I'd bet a lot of money he doesn't. 

I've watched alot of film on smith, and I don't see a reason we can't run him at the 2 spot. His defensive quickness and lateral feet movement definitely show he can defend that spot. His height at that position would basically be similar to the way rashard lewis was at 610/611 a little bit taller then the SF spot with the sonics before coming to ORL and playing PF. And being able to bomb away at the PF basically changed the way NBA plays the game. 

In fact if all the players in the last 40 years that have changed the way the NBA plays, it goes magic, Jordan, Shaq, Duncan, lebron, and I would actually put rashard in that list. Each time those players redefined how the NBA plays... Maybe curry in the last 6 years, but it would be to early to tell.

Very early but you see his dribbles. The young man is working. If he can add handles to his game, jackpot. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

Muy temprano pero se ven sus regates. El joven está trabajando. Si puede agregar manijas a su juego, premio gordo. 

That shoot is AMAZING. 

we need shooters, it is not easy to learn to shoot and that shot is very pure Jabari #1 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Now do KD at Texas. 

EDIT: wait are you saying Jabari will average 20ppg as a rookie? I'd bet a lot of money he doesn't. 

Take a peak EVERYBODY at Jabari and KD similarities.....no denial from me.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Albert Lergier said:

Take a peak EVERYBODY at Jabari and KD similarities.....no denial from me.

Look, I think Jabari Smith is going to be a fantastic player, but I do question his pure scoring ability and will agree, after watching film he doesn’t look at all like Durant. 

In the highlight video below, you can see Durant had a fadeaway game and finished with finess off the dribble. If I were to watch this and make a player comp, I would say “Ceiling: Taller Tracey McGrady” (which would be correct)

Jabari does a lot of one dribble pull-ups like KD, but doesn’t have the body control KD did around the basket and certainly either looks like he needs to be more set in his shot or just naturally is more so than Durant (it’s very up and down).

If anything, as I watch Durant and I watch Jabari, I think I had a new comp for Jabari I feel comfortable with: “Ceiling: Taller Ray Allen.” Allen was a gifted pure shooter, but never had the finesse of other shot/creators.

So yeah - I’m amending my player comp from “Kevin Durant with less handles” to “Taller Ray Allen.” 

4 hours ago, J Roc Baby said:

If you're gonna take him, trade down to #4 but before you do, convince Sacramento to make the worst decision of their lives and trade Sabonis for the privilege. Not that they'd do that mind you. That's just one fan's outlandish fantasy. It's just that Chet, Paolo and Jabari are all going 1, 2 and 3 in any particular order. Sharpe WILL be there at #4.

If you want Sharpe, get as much as you possibly can on top of it in a trade down and then go on a free agent spending spree. 

Like.... Imagine a world where we don't have to rely on guys like Ross.

https://www.sactownroyalty.com/platform/amp/2022/5/19/23122628/sacramento-kings-draft-profile-shaedon-sharpe-is-worth-the-gamble
I can find article after article with Sac dying to get their hands on Sharpe …and I’m not convinced he’ll be there at 4 …still have team workouts and interviews to go where player stock can rise or fall …this article calling Sharpe star material and highest upside in the draft 

5 hours ago, ball junkie said:

I didn’t say to steer clear of him …just that anybody that thinks he’s gonna be this wing/perimeter player extraordinaire like what we're seeing dominate the playoffs …it’d be something we haven’t seen from him thus far in his career …he’d have to take a huge jump …I gave him his credit for his strengths ….Wagner at the 2 lol …I love that kid but I can just see him trying to guard the elites at that position .

Back to Isaac …it’s weird, and I haven’t posted here since Dwight left and Henny ( I have no clue how to construct a functional roster) was starting his job …but I get the feeling some of you are hoping he flails again so the big you want drafted can move in …especially you Soul being an FSU fan …I mean I’m pulling for that guy big time …cause if he’s healthy our defense takes a major step …and we and he have proven this when he played .

We need elite wings …just like every friggin team in the league salivates over …3 way scorers …hard to turn a kid into that who hasn’t already been doing that thus far in his career 

Edit: are we really back to the Kevin Durant comparisons …momma told me there’d be days like this lol

My point is I fully believe Isaac and Smith can play together and match the team profile of WeltHam.

12 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

A reminder that numerous mocks had Jaden Hardy top 5 predraft. Here's what Jonathan Wasserman had to say about him in October (had him at 3):

"The G League's freedom, pace and space should help bring out Jaden Hardy's creation, shot-making and range for scoring in volume.

There is an outside chance that he could go No. 1 if he demonstrates playmaking that suggests he's capable of being a lead NBA point guard. Regardless, as the Ignite's likely No. 1 option, he figures to sway scouts with how effortlessly he separates, shoots off the dribble and releases from NBA distance."

Here's a snippet of what Mike Schmitz wrote about him in October (ESPN/Givony/Schmitz had him top 5)

"Standing 6-4 with a solid frame, a 6-9 wingspan and shooting range from half court, Hardy possesses a lot of the qualities teams look for in a modern NBA guard. Thirty-foot pull-ups and step-back 3s have never been more valuable, and few teenagers in the world are as advanced as Hardy in terms of off-the-dribble shooting."

ESPN currently has Hardy at 33 after a year in the G League (that's outrageous, he'll be a first round pick unless he has some serious red flags). 

Point being that if Hardy hadn't played for a year instead of playing in a pro league we'd be talking about him as a top 10 guy still... 

Also if we can trade up for Hardy in the 20s we absolutely should to be honest i think it's hard for a teenager to put up efficient scoring against grown men. 

Agree completely, Hardy could be the steal of the draft in the 20’s. I’d trade both seconds and Ross to Memphis for 22 if Hardy is available. 

21 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

My point is I fully believe Isaac and Smith can play together and match the team profile of WeltHam.

Oh I agree they can play together …but is either a 3 level wing scorer that are so coveted in todays NBA and that are dominating this years playoffs ?