CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

8 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

Exact kind of thinking/questioning that, as good as our future looks, it would look that much better if DeVos's sell the Magic to Shaq with DS running the show. Can't believe Isaac not mentioned.  Anybody think Isaac, if healthy, will just roll over and hand the first team position to Banchero.  I hope it is a war.  Weltman and Hammond being the face of the franchise just not cutting it.  I apppreciate what the DeVos's did in 1989 and now they can net about $1.5 Billion.  Even getting Banchero did not move the meter much with how we are viewed.   As a franchise we are just an afterthought.  The persona/charisma of Shaq as owner cannot be duplicated and could jumpt start the PR of the MAGIC.  And could be a conduit for helping to attract free agents.  You think a FA would be more impressed talking to Shaq or to Weltman/Hammond?   Hoping the DeVos's see this as a positive for the MAGIC franchise.

A big no thanks to Shaq and 3D putting a group together to purchase the team. Shaq left this dried up little pond awhile ago. We've moved on.

9 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Actually I’m a bit surprised that Hampton is on the list but neither of our draft picks are.  

23 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Actually I’m a bit surprised that Hampton is on the list but neither of our draft picks are.  

Assuming you mean Suggs and Wagner as Banchero and Houstan are the first 2 on the left list. (You may have to click the pic).  Understandable why you don't have Wagner there but I would think Suggs would benefit from it unless he's still recovering.

40 minutes ago, VoiceofReason said:

Assuming you mean Suggs and Wagner as Banchero and Houstan are the first 2 on the left list. (You may have to click the pic).  Understandable why you don't have Wagner there but I would think Suggs would benefit from it unless he's still recovering.

Yes this was very confusing because you have to Click it twice, once to get to twitter and then again to enlarge. I'm slightly disappointed Wagner isn't going to go. Suggs is still recovering in case anyone didn't know that. 

Anyone remember that super long list of players we worked out before the draft? I think i recognize one name form that list on our summer team.

7 hours ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

having a HOF'er as owner doesn't seem to have done much for Charlotte

Certainly not from a winning perspective yet but their national image is not a negative, a nothing and an HOF'er can easily respond.."you do not know the game, I played it".  Just read an article yesterday (and yes, it was just an idiot's opinion) on how we were losers (OKC, Detroit, and Rockets winners) in the draft last week, that we are a bad fit for Banchero and his development because everybody fails here or thye leave to be successful.  That we are a black hole for players and success.  I am not sure Shaq is the answer, obviously winning is, but we need an image change to gain respect and he can do it faster than our current owners and FO. 

1 hour ago, VoiceofReason said:

Suggs has not been approved medically to play in the summer league so he is still recovering and should be recovered in time for the season at the last update.  I am kind of surprised Wagner is not on the list.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Looking at the DOB's we have achieved Weltman's goal of veteran players and avoided him making a comment on "being too young".  His medication for "youngitis" must be working.

3 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Yes this was very confusing because you have to Click it twice, once to get to twitter and then again to enlarge. I'm slightly disappointed Wagner isn't going to go. Suggs is still recovering in case anyone didn't know that. 

Anyone remember that super long list of players we worked out before the draft? I think i recognize one name form that list on our summer team.

Oh. That explains why I didn’t see Banchero or Houstan

i knew neither Suggs nor Wagner would be on the list given how many minutes they played last year.  Weltman already said as much.  

4 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

Certainly not from a winning perspective yet but their national image is not a negative, a nothing and an HOF'er can easily respond.."you do not know the game, I played it".  Just read an article yesterday (and yes, it was just an idiot's opinion) on how we were losers (OKC, Detroit, and Rockets winners) in the draft last week, that we are a bad fit for Banchero and his development because everybody fails here or thye leave to be successful.  That we are a black hole for players and success.  I am not sure Shaq is the answer, obviously winning is, but we need an image change to gain respect and he can do it faster than our current owners and FO. 

Shaq is a hard no for me!