CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

42 minutes ago, VoiceofReason said:

Hell we should be able to afford a capable broadcast team based on our 2nd round cash considerations we receive every year.  I believe it was north of 2.2 million this year.

Hahaha good one!!! Hahaha brilliant 

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Seriously “money saving”. This team is run by multi billionaires. Not millionaires. They have plenty and to take away a team’s radio  broadcast and fire many long term employees to save a few thousand dollars, shows what they think of their fans. 

I imagine if we start getting good again (we’re talking consistent winning and playoffs) they HAVE TO bring a radio broadcast team back for all of those listening on the road or without a cable option, right? Can you run a successful team with city support without access to a radio broadcast?

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

Interesting when Hammond discusses our forwards he mentions Wagner, Banchero, even Carter but strangely enough no mention of Isaac being back in the fold.  As fans we have kind of wrote Isaac off until we see him stay healthy, kind of curious if our management feels the same way.

2 hours ago, VoiceofReason said:

Interesting when Hammond discusses our forwards he mentions Wagner, Banchero, even Carter but strangely enough no mention of Isaac being back in the fold.  As fans we have kind of wrote Isaac off until we see him stay healthy, kind of curious if our management feels the same way.

Exact kind of thinking/questioning that, as good as our future looks, it would look that much better if DeVos's sell the Magic to Shaq with DS running the show. Can't believe Isaac not mentioned.  Anybody think Isaac, if healthy, will just roll over and hand the first team position to Banchero.  I hope it is a war.  Weltman and Hammond being the face of the franchise just not cutting it.  I apppreciate what the DeVos's did in 1989 and now they can net about $1.5 Billion.  Even getting Banchero did not move the meter much with how we are viewed.   As a franchise we are just an afterthought.  The persona/charisma of Shaq as owner cannot be duplicated and could jumpt start the PR of the MAGIC.  And could be a conduit for helping to attract free agents.  You think a FA would be more impressed talking to Shaq or to Weltman/Hammond?   Hoping the DeVos's see this as a positive for the MAGIC franchise.

• Downvote 4

4 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

Exact kind of thinking/questioning that, as good as our future looks, it would look that much better if DeVos's sell the Magic to Shaq with DS running the show. Can't believe Isaac not mentioned.  Anybody think Isaac, if healthy, will just roll over and hand the first team position to Banchero.  I hope it is a war.  Weltman and Hammond being the face of the franchise just not cutting it.  I apppreciate what the DeVos's did in 1989 and now they can net about $1.5 Billion.  Even getting Banchero did not move the meter much with how we are viewed.   As a franchise we are just an afterthought.  The persona/charisma of Shaq as owner cannot be duplicated and could jumpt start the PR of the MAGIC.  And could be a conduit for helping to attract free agents.  You think a FA would be more impressed talking to Shaq or to Weltman/Hammond?   Hoping the DeVos's see this as a positive for the MAGIC franchise.

having a HOF'er as owner doesn't seem to have done much for Charlotte

I actually don't want Shaq to buy this franchise at all. Do I like the Devos family? Absolutely not. But they stay out of the way of basketball decisions (or at least certainly have done since we appointed Weltman as Director of Basketball Operations) and have been willing to go into the tax when we were a contender previously. 

Shaq wouldn't be able to help himself and would get involved in decision making and ive heard enough of his takes over the years to know that would end badly. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

I imagine if we start getting good again (we’re talking consistent winning and playoffs) they HAVE TO bring a radio broadcast team back for all of those listening on the road or without a cable option, right? Can you run a successful team with city support without access to a radio broadcast?

Again they do broadcast the tv guys on the radio.  But the quality is terrible.  

There was a point I thought Shaq buying some or all of Orlando would be a good idea. Now I’m not so sure. And 3-D? Eh.

Grant Hill...Ok. I can see that.