CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

2 hours ago, Natesroom said:

Im comparing tatum and paolo not AG

Oh my bad brother. Long day and not much sleep since last night 

33 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

I wonder if Shaedon Sharpe will play or reclassify himself so that he opts out of summer league.

The Blazers hosted Sharpe for a workout on June 15. There, he wowed the Blazers with his grit and competitiveness, trademarks that coach Chauncey Billups demands.

According to Cronin, the Blazers loved Sharpe’s demeanor and seriousness. They were impressed with how he shined while facing more experienced former college players.

“The way he competed in those workouts really opened our eyes to where he was,” Cronin said. “Solid defensively and couldn’t be rattled offensively. Just his demeanor overall, we thought was really impressive.”

Those traits, Cronin believes, will give Sharpe a chance to maximize his physical gifts, which include an already soft shooting touch and an ability to generate a variety of shots.

https://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/2022/06/trail-blazers-gm-joe-cronin-sifted-through-trade-offers-for-no-7-pick-but-ultimately-landed-on-shaedon-sharpe.html?outputType=amp

Blazers turned away numerous offers for their pick …you better believe I’ll be monitoring …and not just summer time but for years .

Junkie that doesnt respond to my post. I was wondering if sharpe would somehow get out of playing in summer league. That would be hilarious.

3 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

Junkie that doesnt respond to my post. I was wondering if sharpe would somehow get out of playing in summer league. That would be hilarious.

Haha ok …but on a serious note …my son went to the draft party last night …he said that a few moments before the Magic made their pick they were putting vids of Chet, Smith and Banchero on the big screen …he said every time it flashed on Chet there was loud booing .

Dont shoot the messenger …

Nobody in Orlando wanted Chet. That is just the way it is. Sorry to all team Chet people. If he turns into something in OKC more power to him. Most people that actually go to the games want someone that seems like what we see at all the games. He just doesn't look the part, if he proves us all wrong so be it!

I was at the draft party in fact on the Twitter feed where it shows the magic reaction to the pick me and my two friends are in the bottom left hand corner. I wanted chet or jabari, but Paulo is not a lost draft pick like a Darko Milicic. Paolo could end up being like emeka okafor pretty good first three years, solid player for about 7 role player for the next 5. That's not a bad career and that's not a bad pic in the end, It just might end up being overshadowed.

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

I was at the draft party in fact on the Twitter feed where it shows the magic reaction to the pick me and my two friends are in the bottom left hand corner. I wanted chet or jabari, but Paulo is not a lost draft pick like a Darko Milicic. Paolo could end up being like emeka okafor pretty good first three years, solid player for about 7 role player for the next 5. That's not a bad career and that's not a bad pic in the end, It just might end up being overshadowed.

I'd bet money Paolo has a better career than Emeka Okafor. 

8 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

My overall take on last night:

We drafted Paulo to be the offensive go-to guy and alpha leader for this team. This is very clear to me. WeltHam obviously like his personality, experience and versatility, and he's definitely a bucket. I also liked how Paulo told SVP after the draft that he knows he needs to work on his shooting and lateral quickness for defense. That's good self-awareness. 

Now for this to work:

• Fultz - Needs to run a ton of pick-n-rolls with Paulo. The two should be great on that front together. Fultz also needs to learn to shoot the three at a solid clip.
  • Anthony - Needs to either be a 6th man or learn to be effective as a spot up shooter. No more awful shot selection and ball hogging. 
  • Suggs - Dude needs to learn to shoot the three, as I think he'd be a great two-way shooting guard for us. His long ball will determine his career trajectory.
  • Franz - Keep growing in every way, young fella. You're the Robin to this new Batman.
  • Isaac - You're now on the clock and no longer a sure thing for this team. Get back on the court and learn to shoot.
  • WCJ - Keep growing as the paint protector and work on that shot. Confidence in shooting needs to continue to grow.

Question marks: RJ, Gary, Chuma, Ross and Bamba. I'm not sure what we have here, and I personally don't want to re-sign Bamba. I think the other Mo is just fine as a backup big and fits our culture better. Meanwhile, I'd love to trade Ross for a bag of chips and re-sign Harris to a 1/1 deal to be our backup SG. 

No more games, Orlando. Paulo was brought here to be the man. Let's push him and build around him to build a winner.

Agree on most of these points.  

It’s still early to say but I think Paolo could be our Batman. He along withFranz, Fultz and WCJ are the core for now.  Of these four, two need to step into the Batman/Robin roll and I’m confident the other two will still fit in. Cole and Suggs are kind of in a weird spot in that they both need to find ways to contribute without dominating the ball.  JI is a complete mystery to me at this point.  I simultaneously feel he’s our best player and will never see the court again.

• Upvote 2

After all the drama last night, today I meditated a little bit and I think now I can pronunce some sentences about it. Please don’t take it as a moaning, it’s not.

I really like Banchero. I really see in him a terryfic offensive player, with a lot of strenght and the will to succeed. I think he can do the Magic’s offense better in a lot of ways.

But I still think Jabari was the #1, for several reasons: defense, shooting, development ceiling…

I can live with this just fine. But I still don’t fully understand some things around the draft process or the GM’s moves.

1) Why hiding so much your pick when you have the number one? 2) Why didn’t you bring your number one player to practice? If the answer to the first question is that they expected to trade down with Houston, that was a gigantic fail. If the answer to the second question is that Banchero didn’t want to working out, why can’t you talk to him and make him see that you are really considering him as the number one pick?

I’m not comfortable with treating the GM like the are all-knowing persons, and right now I’m very confused about the Magic ones after the draft. And I think we earned as fans the right to question their decisions.  With all been said, I hope Banchero lead us to the glory.

And that’s all I’ve got to say about that :P (sorry for my grammar, I'm not a native)

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Phil4Real said:

After all the drama last night, today I meditated a little bit and I think now I can pronunce some sentences about it. Please don’t take it as a moaning, it’s not.

I really like Banchero. I really see in him a terryfic offensive player, with a lot of strenght and the will to succeed. I think he can do the Magic’s offense better in a lot of ways.

But I still think Jabari was the #1, for several reasons: defense, shooting, development ceiling…

I can live with this just fine. But I still don’t fully understand some things around the draft process or the GM’s moves.

1) Why hiding so much your pick when you have the number one? 2) Why didn’t you bring your number one player to practice? If the answer to the first question is that they expected to trade down with Houston, that was a gigantic fail. If the answer to the second question is that Banchero didn’t want to working out, why can’t you talk to him and make him see that you are really considering him as the number one pick?

I’m not comfortable with treating the GM like the are all-knowing persons, and right now I’m very confused about the Magic ones after the draft. And I think we earned as fans the right to question their decisions.  With all been said, I hope Banchero lead us to the glory.

And that’s all I’ve got to say about that :P (sorry for my grammar, I'm not a native)

One would have to believe that Banchero was our pick all along.  We had nothing to lose by trying to get other teams to believe we wanted Jabari (esp OKC and Houston). If Houston had their sites set on Jabari they would've made the move to trade with us and we could've grabbed Banchero @ 3.  Not working Banchero out help support we were all in on Jabari or Chet. We knew OKC was all in on Chet.  Houston either didn't bite because they had Banchero rated above Jabari, or we didn't trust they were moving up to draft Jabari and would've lost out on our guy. It was worth the dog and pony show to try to get more asset's.

I have a bigger issue with us squandering and selling second round picks every year! 2nd's can be combined to move up. Are we so strapped for cash we have to sell them?

• Upvote 2