CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

Paolo is much more suited for the pace and space of the NBA than college. Duke seemingly almost never got out in transition in the games I watched but he's a 6'10 250 dude who can handle and has great vision he should be feasting in the open court. 

• Like 2

It's been very quiet on our Summer League, Ex10 and 2 way stuff so far. Think I've seen 1, maybe 2 guys have been reported to playing for our Summer League team that's it.

11 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

It's been very quiet on our Summer League, Ex10 and 2 way stuff so far. Think I've seen 1, maybe 2 guys have been reported to playing for our Summer League team that's it.

Can u share them ?

5 minutes ago, UEBERMORTAL said:

He is practically a clone of Julius Randle. Not more, not less. 

He is definitely not a clone of randle. I see some things for sure. I think we may have got ourself a generational talent if all goes correctly. Adding lethal shooter to our coaching staff is going to do wonders for everyone too.

Dynasty incoming 

17 minutes ago, UEBERMORTAL said:

Randle is a 6’8 brute with ok dribbling who makes some solid passes. Paolo is damn near 7 with advanced dribbling and vision, scores on all 3 levels, and can jump out of the gym. Not a good comparison.

18 minutes ago, UEBERMORTAL said:

The Comp i have seen of him is Michael Beasley... Beasley had one of the top college seasons ever

On 5/22/2022 at 10:36 PM, LaVar said:

I am not passing on Chris webber/ Carmelo Anthony for Rashard Lewis or Zinger. We need a go to scorer. With the 1st pick, I am taking Paolo as a focus for the offensive side. I also think he will be exciting to watch. Can you just imagine the powerful and versatile front court of F. Wagner, Paolo and wcj? OMG

It took me awhile but I had to go all the way to page 76 to find the one guy championing Banchero …I posted a few times he was more what we need but the national media and everybody on this board seemed to have no interest ….Great call LaVar .

Secondly …I think and I posted this …Smith and Isaac are too similar …one is better defensively, the other offensively …but neither are beat you off the dribble players like Banchero.

I like the mix …and if Suggs gets in shooting doldrums again we got that kid from Michigan who is a lights out shooter .

I really, really like this mix …at least we have hope now …can’t wait too watch them grow and how this personnel meshes together .

GO MAGIC !!!

PS …Got the Magic ticket office calling me right now lol 

• Upvote 1

Ok i'm not drunk like last night so i can be a fan and make reasonable posts....LOL.

Here are my thoughts on last night. I'm happy about Banchero, he was always a legit player. He has all the skills, now it's on him and the coaches to bring out his best. Jabari is going to be good as well he just seems more like a secondary guy. He will do great in Houston because they will have other guys being the focus. 

Now for the bad things. After listening to Weltman both last night and on the radio this morning i think he is a buffoon. I'm not sure what happened with the whole secrecy before the draft and the workouts but it's just a bad look for the organization. Plus dealing the second round pick the day before when two other teams got future seconds for higher picks! Not trading with Philly, not making any other moves and seemingly getting played by Houston. 

Meanwhile Memphis,Houston,OKC,Detroit are just killing it in this draft. And i'm betting none of those teams are done. I like our team but i am very disappointed with management at the moment. I am aa fan so i hope i am wrong and they surprise me this week.

• Downvote 1