CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

Just now, Natesroom said:

i think Paolo could be the rich mans Aaron Gordon

Gordon was a mega-athlete who didn’t have court vision and didn’t have any real offensive moves but was really good on defense…

how are they the same???

11 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

This draft turned out to be anti-climatic. I had really thought more trades would happen but ended up being very straight forward. 

My last Paolo thought - I want Paolo to want to be in Orlando. My concern is that he doesn’t or will look to go to a bigger market of opportunity presents itself. Jabari Smith seems like a guy whom would have remained loyal and hard working his entire career. I could be wrong, but it’s a concern I have now that I didn’t have with Smith 

Your takes are on point, Trey.  That’s something that should have been sussed out by flying the player in to the city and meeting him one on one.  Seeing if HE likes the city and organization.  Getting to meet the player and shake his hand before putting the weight of the team on his shoulders.  The way our FO handled this pick was frankly selfish and negligent.  If I’m Banchero I don’t forget that when my rookie contract is up.

Just now, D-BoFats said:

Your takes are on point, Trey.  That’s something that should have been sussed out by flying the player in to the city and meeting him one on one.  Seeing if HE likes the city and organization.  Getting to meet the player and shake his hand before putting the weight of the team on his shoulders.  The way our FO handled this pick was frankly selfish and negligent.  If I’m Banchero I don’t forget that when my rookie contract is up.

Give it a rest. Wow. These takes are extremely nuts

1 minute ago, TreyMachine said:

Gordon was a mega-athlete who didn’t have court vision and didn’t have any real offensive moves but was really good on defense…

how are they the same???

aaron gordon is a poor mans Paolo?? So the opposite is he's better?

1 minute ago, TreyMachine said:

how are they the same???

Exactly. Banchero is a Tatum.. Blake Griffin mix to me. He is going to be special. Generational 

1 minute ago, Jay Magic said:

Give it a rest. Wow. These takes are extremely nuts

What’s nuts about seeing if a player likes the city?  I’ll repeat, I like Banchero a lot as a player, I think he’s a great pick.  I just don’t understand how you don’t take the time to meet him in person.  I’ve made my point so I’ll give it a rest though.

24 minutes ago, D-BoFats said:

What’s nuts about seeing if a player likes the city?  I’ll repeat, I like Banchero a lot as a player, I think he’s a great pick.  I just don’t understand how you don’t take the time to meet him in person.  I’ve made my point so I’ll give it a rest though.

Give it a rest was rude. I understand your points. He was very happy to be here. He will love the squad and mose

24 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Well that looks like legitimate excitement from the war room

Think he has parkinsons disease 

38 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

who is pp_doesit and why do we care about his twitter?

We just drafted him #1