CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

11 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

This definitely didn't happen. If you're trading the #1 pick you do it pre-draft when you've got legitimately all the leverage. No way you give up all the leverage and hope that a team trades with you after you've already made the pick. 

I mean…. Chris Webber? Literally in our history. 

I’m giving it 20% likelihood it happened. This is just so out of left field and Banchero was even surprised. 

Houston could have fought fire with fire and said “we’ll give you Smith, but you have to give us a future first” which would make the Magic leadership look COMPLETELY incompetent. 

We’re not going to know. Not for at least a few weeks (if not much longer). The story behind the scenes - the true one - will come out eventually. 

Just now, TreyMachine said:

I’m giving it 20% likelihood it happened. This is just so out of left field and Banchero was even surprised. 

Houston could have fought fire with fire and said “we’ll give you Smith, but you have to give us a future first” which would make the Magic leadership look COMPLETELY incompetent. 

We’re not going to know. Not for at least a few weeks (if not much longer). The story behind the scenes - the true one - will come out eventually. 

That was a different era.

Honest question: who wants to deal with a FO who plays mind games?  If I’m Banchero, do I like the Magic more or less after being mislead in this process?

The guys I'm listening to quite like the Houstan pick FYI. 

I'm a bit low on it. He's a big wing and I'm confident in the jumper but he's not a plus athlete and it shows up on both defense and scoring at the rim.

2 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I find it incredibly hard to believe they would pick someone they do t want without having a deal in place. There was also no talk of any actual discussions happening, just speculation as to why the line shifted all of the sudden to Paolo