CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

C'mon guys it was either Paolo or Ivey. Be freaking serious. Those two were the only choices at number one. And i would have loved Smith Jr. But he would have just been another Gordon, as far as the love you all gave. It would only depend on what we surrounded him with, just like Gordon.

Here’s what I will say on Paolo Banquero: he’s a much better passer and has a higher basketball IQ than Jabari Smith, along with being better creator off the dribble (less of a shooter but that can be improved with time).

The thing I loved much more about Jabari (and sold me) was his high motor. He seemingly was a gym rat and gave his all on the defensive and offensive end every play. That’s the mentality that superstars have and that’s not some thing you could say about Paolo on the defensive end or when he didn’t have the ball.

it’s a fine pick. If he fixes that effort his ceiling is higher, but I just think Jabari fit with the other players and our team’s need so much more. 

1 minute ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I think they’re all in on Kyrie or KD

They're going hard for Brunson apparently. They hired his dad!

It could be we called Houston's bluff... They didn't think we would draft him if we didn't have an agreement from them and maybe we were asking more than they wanted to give. So we go ahead and draft him and act like everything's okay and great. Because in the end I think Paulo and jabari were interchangeable for me as a draft pick... One had better outside shooting and one had better inside play. Maybe a deal gets done sometime tonight or tomorrow.