CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

Does anyone feel like Paolo was legitimately surprised at a core level that he was picked first? 

I tend to be a big reader of body language and word choice. In my job it’s a skill that’s really helpful.

I look at that interview after he was picked and even The press conference afterwards and he seems to truly be in shock that he was the first pick.

There’s confidence with humility and then their shock.
Paulo was shocked.

Just now, D-BoFats said:

Not mad at the fit.  I’d put Jabari and Paolo at 1a and 1b, but how do you NOT bring him in?  That’s utterly inexcusable unless the player’s camp told you they have no interest in playing for you.

Do you know that to be a fact ?  …Not that it matters …Banchero seems to be overjoyed 

• Upvote 1

Just now, TreyMachine said:

Does anyone feel like Paolo was legitimately surprised at a core level that he was picked first? 

I tend to be a big reader of body language and word choice. In my job it’s a skill that’s really helpful.

I look at that interview after he was picked and even The press conference afterwards and he seems to truly be in shock that he was the first pick.

Paulo was shocked.

I also am good at reading body language …he seemed overjoyed with his selection 

10 minutes ago, O_SteveO said:

A team with a history of offensive struggles and no legit #1 option lately drafts probably the best  creator and shot maker in the draft (also the best player, depending on who you talk to), and people are still mad lmaooo

Absolutely mental aint it

11 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

He’s not nearly as athletic as Blake. His main comps are Julius Randle and Chris Webber, but I agree with your point.

I actually don’t think Randle is a great comp, but that is mainly because I don’t think Randle is all that good.

I think having Mose as a coach and looking at his work with developing Luka bodes well

4 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Paulo was shocked.

Totally agree. He didn't see this coming.

C'mon guys. It's time to get on board. Nobody who actually watched the tournament thought the other guys were better. Now, if the other guys were nobody's before March madness, that's something. All 3 of these guys were in the top 6 before the season. Who did more? Who looked better? Let's not make it complicated....our gm's did the same thing. 

He looked like a number one among players who were all drafted as 5 stars.

2 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Do you know that to be a fact ?  …Not that it matters …Banchero seems to be overjoyed 

I don’t know that for a fact, but that’s what everyone was saying.  If that’s truly the case, this front office needs to go.  I can’t think of any way to justify not getting to know the person you’re putting the weight of your franchise on.

Just now, D-BoFats said:

I don’t know that for a fact, but that’s what everyone was saying.  If that’s truly the case, this front office needs to go.  I can’t think of any way to justify not getting to know the person you’re putting the weight of your franchise on.

Front office needs to go? Hahahaha

Just now, Nick Anderson 4 President said:

Has any magic player welcomed him to orlando yet on social media? If not, hmm

Fultz!