CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

Also …don’t forget how Jahmahl helped mentor Doncic …I see the same thing happening with Banchero …man he’s got that Duke pedigree …I like the pick 

Just now, O_SteveO said:

A team with a history of offensive struggles and no legit #1 option lately drafts probably the best  creator and shot maker in the draft (also the best player, depending on who you talk to), and people are still mad lmaooo

Everyone decided it was Jabari and talked themselves into it.

3 minutes ago, O_SteveO said:

A team with a history of offensive struggles and no legit #1 option lately drafts probably the best  creator and shot maker in the draft (also the best player, depending on who you talk to), and people are still mad lmaooo

I know man …he definitely fits what this team needs the most 

1 minute ago, D-BoFats said:

The more I think about this, the more convinced I am that either (1) Pick is being traded for Jabari, or (2) we got fleeced by Houston.  There’s no way we didn’t bring in Paolo unless he made it VERY clear he didn’t want to play for us.  Absolutely no way we don’t do our due diligence.

I’m somewhat in this camp. I wonder how long it will take before a story to come out if we in Houston did have a call along that line.

Keeping things close to the chest is fine but we had the number one pick, so unless we were looking to trade down and get our man, it seems a little strange. We could’ve easily taken Jabari Smith as the first pick and then traded for Paolo. There is just a lot about this that doesn’t make sense. 

I don't get what OKC are doing. Deing is a PROJECT and looks to be best with the ball in his hands on a team with a lot of projects and a lot of prospects who are better with the ball in their hands. 

I have no idea what Sam Presti is doing. Like keeping 12 after acquiring 11 and then reaching for Jalen Williams (who I really like but still)

1 minute ago, ball junkie said:

I know man …he’s definitely fits what this team needs the most 

Not mad at the fit.  I’d put Jabari and Paolo at 1a and 1b, but how do you NOT bring him in?  That’s utterly inexcusable unless the player’s camp told you they have no interest in playing for you.

Also OKC has one of the best young ball handlers in basketball sitting out for half the games with a sore hip or some **** but they're also acquiring ball handling at every opportunity? I'm very confused.