CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

16 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

And Fan …Hollinger also saying he projects Banchero as an excellent outside shooter 

“Project” we have plenty of those. I wanted a pure shooter. But if we don’t trade I will cheer just the same. Hence my name. Lol

8 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I think that's the idea. A 6'10 250lbs forward who can pass, dribble, shoot, pull up from mid range, post up. 

I don't actually think the defense is as bad as people have been saying. One place he did succeed was he blocked a lot of jump shots (more than either Jabari or Chet) which I think bodes well for his perimeter defense. Plus his strength is always going to be a positive on that end. 

The Blake comparison is a good one IMO but also makes one remember that Blake was never on a team that won meaningfully. I think it is interesting because teams driven by the point big type haven’t really found playoff success recently outside of Giannis and I guess Lebron. But hey if he reaches those levels we will have no issues.

I think it is why I preferred Smith as a prospect because he just made more sense as to what he is and can be in today’s NBA

2 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

“Project” we have plenty of those. I wanted a pure shooter. But if we don’t trade I will cheer just the same. Hence my name. Lol

I think you’re joking …but as Hollinger said his shooting will be a forte 

Just now, Jason Funderburker said:

The Blake comparison is a good one IMO but also makes one remember that Blake was never on a team that won meaningfully. I think it is interesting because teams driven by the point big type haven’t really found playoff success recently outside of Giannis and I guess Lebron. But hey if he reaches those levels we will have no issues

That's a fair point but id argue the most talented version of Blake (that 18-19 in my opinion) had a terrible supporting cast. Their second best player was Andre Drummond and they won 41 games.

4 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

The Blake comparison is a good one IMO but also makes one remember that Blake was never on a team that won meaningfully. I think it is interesting because teams driven by the point big type haven’t really found playoff success recently outside of Giannis and I guess Lebron. But hey if he reaches those levels we will have no issues.

He’s not nearly as athletic as Blake. His main comps are Julius Randle and Chris Webber, but I agree with your point.

It’s pretty insane to me that Weltman and Moseley have once again already had their presser before we were even out of the lottery. Welt must have a stupid early bedtime

The more I think about this, the more convinced I am that either (1) Pick is being traded for Jabari, or (2) we got fleeced by Houston.  There’s no way we didn’t bring in Paolo unless he made it VERY clear he didn’t want to play for us.  Absolutely no way we don’t do our due diligence.

Just now, Soul Bro said:

He’s not nearly as athletic as Blake. His main comps are Julius Randle and Chris Webber, but I agree with your point.

18-19 Blake was half as athletic as early Blake. Hence the comp to that year specifically from me.

A team with a history of offensive struggles and no legit #1 option lately drafts probably the best  creator and shot maker in the draft (also the best player, depending on who you talk to), and people are still mad lmaooo

• Upvote 1