CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

5 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

But how much do you actually learn about a guy in a 1 on 0 workout compared to 40 games of tape + background research + interviews.

What you can learn is character, mental approach, etc. You take every opportunity to learn everything you can about a potential top pick. You don't scout all year and then chill on the home stretch.

5 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Team needs to support the fans, too.  They’ve done a rotten job of it for more than a decade.  Telling the few remaining fans to get lost isn’t a good idea.  

WeltHam and co have been fantastic since they have came in. I shall apologise. But we are not about to be mediocre for 15 years. Too many fairweather fans. I am a diehard magic fan and am sick of the moaning. But me being rude was totally out of character 

Orlando desperately needs shooters. Desperately. That’s what Paulo will need to succeed. Otherwise we’ll be a bottom feeder for years. No more excuses on that front.

Paolo was not the number one High School player in his class, but close. Paolo was not the undisputed draft pick before the college season, but at worst number 2. Paolo was one of the best players in March madness, and he lead his team to the final four as the best player. WTF do you guys want?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Nick Anderson 4 President said:

What you can learn is character, mental approach, etc. You take every opportunity to learn everything you can about a potential top pick. You don't scout all year and then chill on the home stretch.

And you could ask about their suit choices. Lol

2 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

I think the hope has to be the shooting gets more consistent and he develops into a legit jumbo wing like every team is looking for these days. Would certainly make him worthy of the top pick. Defense has to come around

I think that's the idea. A 6'10 250lbs forward who can pass, dribble, shoot, pull up from mid range, post up. 

I don't actually think the defense is as bad as people have been saying. One place he did succeed was he blocked a lot of jump shots (more than either Jabari or Chet) which I think bodes well for his perimeter defense. Plus his strength is always going to be a positive on that end. 

19 minutes ago, nickanderfan said:

Paolo pick doesn't excite me, 15 more years of mediocrity

My sincere apologies for telling you to piss off and support anothet team.. 

Totally out of character...

We all want us to win. I am a diehard magic fanatic that's all. 

No hard feelings!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Soul Bro said:

Orlando desperately needs shooters. Desperately. That’s what Paulo will need to succeed. Otherwise we’ll be a bottom feeder for years. No more excuses on that front.

Paolo along with Wagner and WCJ and Wagner and Maybe Isaac will be such a freaking burden on the front court that our backcourt will thrive.......................or be replaced

Pick makes no sense.  You don’t NOT bring in a player and then draft them number one.  At this top level the skill gap is minimal. Attitude and character are what separate the superstars from the stars, and you’re not getting that from film, you feel that out in person. If they’re not working a trade, this front office is just stupid.  How do you not bring in the guy you’re drafting when you’re at number one.  How was a top 3 prospect not brought in to begin with.  Makes no sense.