CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

1 minute ago, Soul Bro said:

I think he’ll get targeted in switches all the time. I think he’s a great offensive player but still surprised with the pick.

What team had the worst offensive efficiency in the league last year ?

1 minute ago, Soul Bro said:

I think he’ll get targeted in switches all the time. I think he’s a great offensive player but still surprised with the pick.

I agree with you, but it’s kind of nice to finally draft a guy who’s strength is offense. It’s been awhile

I've turned off the legit live stream to listen to a Draft Twitter stream instead but let me know if there are any hilarious player comps or terrible suits.

Paolo said he had no idea this could ever happen. With the word being we didn't bring him in for a work out, I swear this pick doesn't make any sense.

Don't get me wrong, hoping for the best for us with Banchero. I just feel Weltham could have parlayed this into assets

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Nick Anderson 4 President said:

Any chance Houston fleeced Orlando? Them telling Orlando they would trade for Banchero if we picked him. Then pulling out the rug from under us when they picked Jabari?

No. If they wanted Paolo we'd have insisted on trading pre draft for that very reason. We got the guy we wanted. 

1 minute ago, Nick Anderson 4 President said:

Paolo said he had no idea this could ever happen. With the word being we didn't bring him in for a work out, I swear this pick doesn't make any sense.

Don't get me wrong, hoping for the best for us with Banchero. I just feel Weltham could have parlayed this into assets

A lot of very smart NBA people don't think workouts mean very much at all. If I remember correctly Weltman and Hammond didn't work out Giannis either. 

Just now, fan for too long 2 said:

We still suck from 3. Woohoo!!!  Weltham “the 3 doesn’t matter in this era of the NBA” 

Man. I really hope not. This wasn’t what I had planned and hoped. Paolo is great but… I’m going to be so angry if we don’t get Smith and he turns into an All-star. 

Vecenie’s ranking: 3.

How you rate Banchero depends entirely on how much you value offensive upside above all. If you want someone who has a chance to carry an offense, Banchero should be the No. 1 guy on your board. If the shooting comes around — and I think it will — his game translates well as both a primary offensive creator and a No. 2 option. He’s a sharp passer, a very fluid shot creator with the best bag of tricks in the class and possesses at least enough touch to reasonably project him as an excellent perimeter shooter. He’s a genuine mismatch nightmare and likely will continue to be effective in that regard at the NBA level. Can he defend in space well enough to avoid being targeted for mismatches on that end? Right now, I think he would be attacked on defense because of his poor closeouts and his movement in space (and because of faulty effort). But he has potential to get to a level where that doesn’t happen given his size, strength and intelligence.”

https://theathletic.com/3380606/2022/06/23/nba-draft-grades-analysis-2022-vecenie-hollinger/