CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

3 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Why would he release his own bad medical records that devalues his own stock? Thats like the difference of $10M in guaranteed money!

If anything, I much more buy the theory it’s someone from the Magic who want him to drop and will trade back for him. Literally no one else benefits from this coming out except for a team who hopes he drops and allegedly only 2 teams were given his medical records…

Well the report from Wasserman was not that they were bad but he didn’t let the teams look at them .

13 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Or one guy gets a "lead" and it's just copied and pasted by a bunch of outlets whom rely on trying to stay relevant with rumors, regardless of their validity. 

Smokescreens will abound over the next 24 hours. Stay vigilant! 

• Upvote 1

Hearing Smitty on the NBA TV draft special tonight say that Jabari made 45/50 threes during a predraft workout (I believe for Orlando) got me excited. Let’s go!!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Or one guy gets a "lead" and it's just copied and pasted by a bunch of outlets whom rely on trying to stay relevant with rumors, regardless of their validity. 

Smokescreens will abound over the next 24 hours. Stay vigilant! 

Lol vigilant …yeah that’s not a secret …Givony wrote about Sharpe and Holmgren uniting in OKC weeks ago 

Anyone else starting to get this funny feeling we are going to draft the wrong player and absolutely regret it? You can only go so long with a 3/3 100% batting average on the top pick before you pick an Anthony Bennett. 

I’m worried about the math here. Someone talk me down from the ledge. 

13 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Anyone else starting to get this funny feeling we are going to draft the wrong player and absolutely regret it? You can only go so long with a 3/3 100% batting average on the top pick before you pick an Anthony Bennett. 

haha...true

46 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I know you were joking, but here’s my best attempt to explain why past performance doesn’t effect future odds. 

Example: if you flip a coin 10 times and all are heads. What’s the odds the next flip is tails? The human brain says the odds to flip tails is high because it hasn’t happened in the last 10 flips. However, in reality the odds for heads and tails resets each flip and stays at 50/50. 

Its not a perfect example because success  rates of players isn’t a defined statistical odds like a coin, but it’s the best example I can think of  

My point, just because we have been successful drafting at number 1 in the past, won’t impact our success rate this draft, because the odds reset each draft. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Dejounte Murray’s available???

Would love to have him in Orlando! But I think the price is to high.

Do you think we coud get him for Anthony, Okeke and two lottery prtotected first round picks?