CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

wow that would be a tough call. Pay 65 mill to a guy for two more years who has missed 100 games in the last 3 years out of a possible 246 but makes 40% from three and averages 18-20 a game.

13 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

wow that would be a tough call. Pay 65 mill to a guy for two more years who has missed 100 games in the last 3 years out of a possible 246 but makes 40% from three and averages 18-20 a game.

We've got to pay the money to somebody. Paying Hayward doesn't really have any long term impact on our salary situation, he'd be out of contract before we needed to extend anybody of importance.

2 hours ago, matthi32 said:

I would look around to make sure no one else saw the theft, first; but yeah, if the Hornets wanted to get rid of him that bad, I'd do it. Heck, I'd probably throw in at least one of our second-rounders, too.

I’m calling Chet drops to somewhere between 5-8. If the magic‘s plan is to trade back for him, then God bless them. If I am a GM, I’m not touching him with a top 5 pick. 

I just don’t see the upside worth the risk. I really don’t. I’ll trust Weltman knows more than I do… but I would be really disappointed if that’s all we came away with in the 1st. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

This information was posted on here literally less than 24 hours ago. I'm confused why the new conflicting information takes precedence over this information. Can someone explain?

My son saying he is 100 percent convinced that report about the medical info was from Chet himself because he doesn’t wanna go to Orlando fwiw …and I’ve been saying all along I don’t think he wants to come nor does he think he fits …and that’s fine by me lol .

Man I just am hoping so bad Weltham has something up their sleeve to change the trajectory of this franchise/team 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

My son saying he is 100 percent convinced that report about the medical info was from Chet himself because he doesn’t wanna go to Orlando fwiw …and I’ve been saying all along I don’t think he wants to come nor does he think he fits …and that’s fine by me lol .

Man I just am hoping so bad Weltham has something up their sleeve to change the trajectory of this franchise/team 

Why would he release his own bad medical records that devalues his own stock? Thats like the difference of $10M in guaranteed money!

If anything, I much more buy the theory it’s someone from the Magic who want him to drop and will trade back for him. Literally no one else benefits from this coming out except for a team who hopes he drops and allegedly only 2 teams were given his medical records…