CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

One thing I'm pretty certain of is we're not bringing 3 rookies to training camp. Even if we make no trades and use all 3 picks I'd expect one of them to be a stash. 

On 6/21/2022 at 3:00 PM, CTMagicUK said:

Givony latest mock has us going

1. Jabari

32. Trevor Keels

35. Peyton Watson

Second mock in as many days with Watson at 35 to us... Could be something, could be nothing. (Hope it's nothing tbh not sold on Watson that early)

Updated today but we have the same picks. 

5 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

One thing I'm pretty certain of is we're not bringing 3 rookies to training camp. Even if we make no trades and use all 3 picks I'd expect one of them to be a stash. 

You're probably right. But I think we might be ready to cash in some of the youth we already have like Mo/Chuma/Hampton to make room. Not likely, but possible.

Wasserman will be on tonight …I’m guessing he’ll address the Holmgren medical situation …meanwhile guys over at Bleacher Report …and there’s a lot …every guy there now saying they wouldn’t touch Holmgren with a 10 foot pole …I mean every guy there saying Hell naw …

1 hour ago, matthi32 said:

Yes but we aren’t getting that deal for Ross. Lmfao. 
Chet may be a really good player in the nba but to me he looks like a 20-25 minute player. I don’t  trust him to be that 30-35 minute high usage player. His stamina is in question. IMO. 

here is the stats in last ten games of both Chet and Jabari. 

3pt. Shots made. 8 Chet,  30 Jabari

3pt. Percentage.   23.5 Chet,  45.4 Jabari 

games scored 20 or more.  0 Chet,  6 Jabari 

5 fouls or more.  3 Chet,  0 Jabari 

minutes played. 30 Chet,  31 Jabari.  Both increased their minutes by 2 in last ten compared to their season average. 

With more minutes and better competition and wear and tear of the season increasing.  Jabari excelled and Chet did not. This is exactly why I don’t believe in Chet’s ability against stronger players and a faster game to withstand more than 25 minutes a game. You can’t pick him number one.  PERIOD!

• Upvote 1