CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

3 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Man exactly …Dwight had the goofy attitude always smiling and cutting up and stuff …but he had the right Coach in Van Grundy to develop him …we all know the rest of the story …if Jamahl is what’s been said about developing wings …you know where I’m going .

Him and Ivey.

They take one of them, I’m excited. Anyone else I’m good.

We worked out Ivey...Not even a peep.

Just feels like we’re trading down closer we get to the draft.

5 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

Agreed, it’s not crazy to think Houston would want to jump OKC, because of their unpredictability. 

Exactly. It seems like that’s where it’s heading.

I want Jabari and either Hardy/Terry. This would require trading back into the first, but I think there are several avenues to achieve that. 

CT- finally watched Terry and he’s impressive, good call. 

• Upvote 1

Bruce Pearl was just on Cowherds show. Of course he compared Jabari to Durant and said he had a great work ethic and Smith just wants to win. Your typical interview with a prospects coach. 

Just gonna say it i'm all the way out on Chet. Too scary. Give me Jabari for simplicity or a trade down and Paolo/Ivey/Sharpe.              

• Upvote 1

My top 6:

1. Jabari Smith Jr.

2. Jaden Ivey (I know that's an unpopular one)

3. Chet Holmgren (big risk/reward player, to me)

4. Paolo Banchero (I actually like Paolo quite a bit, and think the defensive problems might be overstated)

- I would not be particularly upset with any of those picks (though I'm very high on Jabari myself, I understand not everything goes my way, and I could be wrong about him)

5. Keegan Murray (could be the steal of the draft, even here)

6. Bennedict Mathurin (Also could be the steal of the draft, even here)

I could see any of those guys being perennial All-Stars, the two at the top are just the ones I think most likely.

17 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

My top 6:

1. Jabari Smith Jr.

2. Jaden Ivey (I know that's an unpopular one)

3. Chet Holmgren (big risk/reward player, to me)

4. Paolo Banchero (I actually like Paolo quite a bit, and think the defensive problems might be overstated)

- I would not be particularly upset with any of those picks (though I'm very high on Jabari myself, I understand not everything goes my way, and I could be wrong about him)

5. Keegan Murray (could be the steal of the draft, even here)

6. Bennedict Mathurin (Also could be the steal of the draft, even here)

I could see any of those guys being perennial All-Stars, the two at the top are just the ones I think most likely.

There's no way i could see us moving the top pick to select Ivey who shoots 46% from two and 35% from three and 74% from FT. Our whole issue is Shooting %... People say scoring, but our team actually had no problem actually shooting open shots. It had a big problem making them.

Draft I want:

1. Jabari Smith

trade back into the first for :

Jaden Hardy

I've explained before why I'm so high on Smith, and nothing has changed that. I like Jaden Hardy a lot better than anyone in the second, though if we had to use them I'd say Ron Harper Jr. and Trevor Keels.

Draft I'd be fascinated by:

1. trade back for 3 and 17 plus another (probably heavily protected) first

3. Jaden Ivey

17. Nikola Jovic

trade back into the first for:

Jaden Hardy

12 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

Theres no way i could see us moving the top pick to select Ivey who shoots 46% from two and 35% from three and 74% from FT. Our whole issue is Shooting %... Perople say scoring, but our team actually had no problem actually shooting open shots. It had a big problem making them.

I get this, I'm just particularly high on the notion that Ivey is the type of guy you build around. If he pops, you find shooting by trading guys who still have some value like Cole/Suggs who he makes somewhat expendable.

Another interesting draft:

1. trade back for 3 and 17 plus another (probably heavily protected) first

3. Paolo Banchero

17. TyTy Washington (I don't know how well his game will translate, but he's a BASKETBALL PLAYER in every sense, makes the right plays, seems to understand the game really well)

trade back into the first for:

Jaden Hardy (this is a theme, I know).

Draft Prediction:

1. Chet Holmgren

32. MarJon Beauchamp (HE'S SO LONG!!!! HOW GOOD COULD HE BE IF HE LEARNS TO SHOOT??!! smh)

33. Trade for cash and a future 2nd.

Weeks of Justin trying really hard to convince himself this is a great draft (and maybe it even would be).