CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

My final board:

1. Smith

2. Holmgren

3. Ivey

In the end, I think we draft… Chet. I still can’t get over that he was wined and dined for 2-3 days by Orlando last week, fits the WeltHam prototype, and won multiple state championships with Suggs in high school. Again my preference is Smith right now but I’ll be fine with Chet if he’s the pick.

• Upvote 1

Chet …the guy multiple sportswriters including Vecenie have said Victor W made look silly …Peek yesterday saying he made him look like a 9th grader .

Talk about depressing for a number 1 pick …

And if all we do is make our pick and nothing else I’m gonna be very disappointed 

• Upvote 2

Just now, ball junkie said:

Chet …the guy multiple sportswriters including Vecenie have said Victor W made look silly …Peek yesterday saying he made him look like a 9th grader .

Talk about depressing for a number 1 pick …

And if all we do is make our pick and nothing else I’m gonna be very disappointed 

Kinda why I want to grab Sharpe. But Chet seems like the type of guy who may have looked silly one time then works to never allow that to happen again.

1 hour ago, TreyMachine said:

That’s fair. Freak athleticism is probably reserves for guys like Dwight Howard and Giannis Antetokounmpo. I think Jabari is highly athletic, laterally quick but not necessarily explosive. One thing I think he DOES have that we don’t talk about is wide, broad shoulders. The guys frame naturally allows him to bulk up pretty significantly, which I think will put him into a different category of anything we’ve seen recently - a very strong, quick, and tall shooter. 

I still like him much more than anyone else in this draft as a fit for the magic.

It’s true. He’d be a great fit. I’ll be happy to have him. I just don’t think he’s the best player. Mine go:

1. Chet

2. Banchero

3-5 in any order: Sharpe/Murray/Jabari

1 minute ago, Jon said:

Kinda why I want to grab Sharpe. But Chet seems like the type of guy who may have looked silly one time then works to never allow that to happen again.

Thanks 28 …Sharpe has a lot more support here than I thought …some people are finally speaking up …not afraid to go against the grain on this board .

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I’m starting to wonder if we’re not attempting to trade down a few spots and everything with Paolo, the process, etc is us trying to get it done.

1 minute ago, ball junkie said:

Thanks 28 …Sharpe has a lot more support here than I thought …some people are finally speaking up …not afraid to go against the grain on this board .

I’ve always been intrigued. Things he does, looks so easy for him and very advanced at this stage of his career.

I don’t know about what’s upstairs but my intrigue has never left. If we trade down and pick him, I think that’s the most exciting scenario for me. Same way I felt when we drafted Dwight.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Action makes Vegas move. People put bets on Paolo so they shortened the odds (if 1 or 2 people put on large bets that'd do it because it's indicative of someone in the know, or lots of small bets would do it too). Markets like this are particularly volatile too so it might not take too much to make the odds move. 

A sports book just needs to take action proportionate to the odds they're paying out on each guy and they'll come out on top.

I understand how action effects line movement, but a jump from +1800 to +200 in a single day for Paolo is a massive move. 

I think it has more to do with a rumor than action and/or risk management. 

1 minute ago, MagicFanDan said:

I understand how action effects line movement, but a jump from +1800 to +200 in a single day for Paolo is a massive move. 

I think it has more to do with a rumor than action and/or risk management. 

They might’ve caught wind a deal for us to trade down.

3 minutes ago, Jon said:

I’ve always been intrigued. Things he does, looks so easy for him and very advanced at this stage of his career.

I don’t know about what’s upstairs but my intrigue has never left. If we trade down and pick him, I think that’s the most exciting scenario for me. Same way I felt when we drafted Dwight.

Man exactly …Dwight had the goofy attitude always smiling and cutting up and stuff …but he had the right Coach in Van Grundy to develop him …we all know the rest of the story …if Jamahl is what’s been said about developing wings …you know where I’m going .

1 minute ago, Jon said:

They might’ve caught wind a deal for us to trade down.

Agreed, it’s not crazy to think Houston would want to jump OKC, because of their unpredictability.