CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

19 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Shows how far down the totem pole the Magic are …if all we do is make our picks when we are scheduled I’m gonna be very, very disappointed ….crap OKC is confident they are getting Sharpe and Chet 

IF TRUE, poor character from his staff and ultimately from him.....no Paolo, no problem.    Jabari a Magic on June 23, 2022 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: After giving a 2nd thought at this Banchero-Magic news.....I'm somewhat suspicious.

Don't really believe a player of his magnitude in a draft like this one, come out and basically say that he is not good enough to be the 1st pick. This and Weltman comments in his press conference not confirming or denying that Banchero has workout for them.

THIS COULD BE THE RABBIT IN THE HAT...WE PICK JABARI AND TRADE HIM FOR BANCHERO AND OTHER ASSESTS.

UNTIL WE ARE PASS THE 4TH PICK, I'LL REMAIN SUSPICIOUS OF THIS RABBIT.

Being a gambler, I’m of the belief that the Vegas odds makers have better inside sources and know more than the talking heads at ESPN, The Athletic, Ringer, FS1, etc. 

And in the last day Paolo’s odds of being selected number 1 have drastically moved. Specially, they were +1800 (3rd best odds) and as of this post they are +200 (2nd best odds behind Jabari). 

I really wish I knew whatever made Vegas react so much. 

5 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

Being a gambler, I’m of the belief that the Vegas odds makers have better inside sources and know more than the talking heads at ESPN, The Athletic, Ringer, FS1, etc. 

And in the last day Paolo’s odds of being selected number 1 have drastically moved. Specially, they were +1800 (3rd best odds) and as of this post they are +200 (2nd best odds behind Jabari). 

Maybe OKC’s interest in Chet is a smokescreen and they love Paulo? Hollinger today mentioned how much they love to mislead people.

15 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

Curious, is the line for who the Magic take or who is the # 1 pick?

12 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Maybe OKC’s interest in Chet is a smokescreen and they love Paulo? Hollinger today mentioned how much they love to mislead people.

It isn’t out of the realm of possibilities that OKC and Houston both want Paolo and we start a bidding war between them. 

33 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

Action makes Vegas move. People put bets on Paolo so they shortened the odds (if 1 or 2 people put on large bets that'd do it because it's indicative of someone in the know, or lots of small bets would do it too). Markets like this are particularly volatile too so it might not take too much to make the odds move. 

A sports book just needs to take action proportionate to the odds they're paying out on each guy and they'll come out on top.

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

CT listen to Jalen Rose. He is clueless

Yea I've listened to the Jalen & Jacoby podcast in the past. Jalen Rose is an entertaining guy that knows about half as much about basketball as he thinks he does. 

Ok here's a thought: the mainstream has been all "they're picking Jabari" for like a month now. But literally 2 days ago in his media availability pre draft Weltman said he was proud of how "buttoned up" they were with regards to leaks etc. Why would he say that if the entire league has known we were picking Jabari basically since we got the pick?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Section229 said:

Does he have freak athleticism? I don’t Know how you measure all the other stuff you listed. He may or may not check those boxes in weltham’s opinion, but freak athleticism? I don’t see that 

That’s fair. Freak athleticism is probably reserves for guys like Dwight Howard and Giannis Antetokounmpo. I think Jabari is highly athletic, laterally quick but not necessarily explosive. One thing I think he DOES have that we don’t talk about is wide, broad shoulders. The guys frame naturally allows him to bulk up pretty significantly, which I think will put him into a different category of anything we’ve seen recently - a very strong, quick, and tall shooter. 

I still like him much more than anyone else in this draft as a fit for the magic.

• Upvote 4