CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

3 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

They really know some things that you can only know by watching the team over and over again. Like Bamba being so damn underwhelming. He sure gets some decent stats, but his impact on the game is close to nil

Yea I loved them bringing that up with KOC who refuses to admit he was wrong about Bamba pre-draft even now. 

Vecinie and company saying they would have had 5 guys from last years draft class ahead of anyone in this one …Even more reason to swing for the fences …trade down and get as many assets as possible …you can do it Weltham .

Tick …Tick …Tick …Tick 

• Like 1

Givony latest mock has us going

1. Jabari

32. Trevor Keels

35. Peyton Watson

Second mock in as many days with Watson at 35 to us... Could be something, could be nothing. (Hope it's nothing tbh not sold on Watson that early)

por.png&w=110&h=110

7. Portland Trail Blazers

Shaedon Sharpe
Kentucky
SG

Sharpe's standing has solidified with some outstanding showings in competitive private workouts -- his performances have improved with every visit and he has demonstrated significantly more fire than teams expected from the intel they gathered on Sharpe coming out of Kentucky. Damian Lillard is said to be high on Sharpe's talent, despite Sharpe being 12 years younger and seemingly on a completely different timetable from Lillard. Sharpe is clearly oozing with natural ability, possessing elite physical tools with his exceptional frame, length and explosiveness, to go along with dynamic perimeter shooting ability. There was a reason he was the No. 1-ranked player in his high school class, but his lack of experience and how little he has been evaluated might make it difficult for a team picking higher than this to roll the dice on him.

Straight from Givony this morning …trade down get some assets Weltham …and you can substitute Ivey here if you want …on the clock .

Tick …Tick …Tick …Tick 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

Vecinie and company saying they would have had 5 guys from last years draft class ahead of anyone in this one …Even more reason to swing for the fences …trade down and get as many assets as possible …you can do it Weltham .

Tick …Tick …Tick …Tick 

Meh, last years class is extremely overrated, don’t get the hype behind it all. Jalen Green was horrible most of the year and Cade struggled with his shooting all season. I like Evan Mobley a lot and I think Case will be a very good player for a long time, but most of the high end picks had awful advanced statistics and underlying peripherals. Not sure why everyone thinks last years class was so amazing.

Also no to trading down. Jabari and Chet will both be studs and the best players by far in this class. Both have all-star potential and I think we will look back in this draft years from now and wonder how they got it so wrong.

• Upvote 1

What's Ivey got that Suggs doesn't?  If the Magic deviate from the top 3 it better be Sharpe.  Better length and shot than our current guards.

I'd do Carter plus to Sac if they are willing.  He's good, but replaceable.  Remember when we traded our all-star center and still had a good center to plug in.  Same thing here.

For me, Franz is the only untouchable on the roster right now.  Put Sharpe at 2 and Smith/Chet/Paolo at 4 from this draft and roll with Suggs at PG.  Would be fun to watch the kids grow together.

You guys know how I want Donovan? I just passed him on the streets in Greenwich, CT. What are the chances?!? Ha! I was in a rush so I wasn’t able to chat but wanted to recruit him to O-Town. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

New Vecinie mock has us taking 

1. Jabari

32. Christian Braun

35. Trevor Keels

That's two for Keels now, another with Peyton Watson where it's either a coincidence or there's a rumour. 

47 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

New Vecinie mock has us taking 

1. Jabari

32. Christian Braun

35. Trevor Keels

That's two for Keels now, another with Peyton Watson where it's either a coincidence or there's a rumour. 

I’d love this draft

Apparently Paolo hasnt worked out for us? Apparently he has pushed back his workout time and time again... he believes we wont take him so thats why he keeps pushing it back

Givony and Zach Lowe 

Via Instagram post from OMHQ