CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

5 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

The most confusing thing to me about that article is to read that Jalen’s father is an exceptional AAU coach. If that’s the case, how was Jalen so bad last year?

Ha ha Soul, that's  why i love you! This was the second thing i thought of after reading this article. Jalen was probably the only pick in the top ten who seemed completely overwhelmed by the NBA.

I was trying not to be too negative.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Just mortgage our future and find a way to draft both

no way I'm giving up any pick in '23 draft for this draft. next year's draft is GREAT.

1 minute ago, Soul Bro said:

I know we discussed this a few weeks ago, but would anyone trade WCJ and the Chicago pick for #4?

It’s an interesting topic. 

If you think Chet can be your future center and thrive you almost have too. And then you either get Sharpe/ Ivey most likely and pray that Chicago keeps Lavine (looks likely). 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

They play the same position lol

They’re both versatile enough that I think it could work.

And regarding WCJ, I like him but I’d take that deal. Ivey or Sharpe are more tantalizing 

16 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I know we discussed this a few weeks ago, but would anyone trade WCJ and the Chicago pick for #4?

I wouldn't personally.

Does everyone not understand that WCJ was the best player we had last year? Going by statistics. No need to go backwards. Enjoy that we won a trade and let's keep getting more talent.

• Upvote 3

Sharpe is too much of a risk so I’ve soured on picking him (unless we get another first rounder).

If we leave the draft without one of Chet or Jabari I’ll be really mad. They’re tied in my mind right now, with different pros and cons.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Does everyone not understand that WCJ was the best player we had last year? Going by statistics. No need to go backwards. Enjoy that we won a trade and let's keep getting more talent.

I actually love WCJ. Just curious of everyone’s thoughts. Additionally, I find it very interesting that we worked out Ivey.

2 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Would the Bulls go "backwards" to Wendell (23) , Franz (21) and their next year's first (19 or 20) for Vuch (32)? 

Whenever we look backwards / playing playoffs games in the future, I believe, THIS IS THE TRADE THAT PROPELLED THE MAGIC TO THE NEXT LEVEL. Other trades too, but this one..... AND NEXT THURSDAY'S NUMBER 1, ARE IMMENSIVELY CRITICAL TO THE FUTURE OF THE TEAM. If we miss on Thursday, forget (in my opinion) being a team that will compete hard for the championship every year during the 2nd half of the decade, 2025/2029

Our FO got the trade with the Bulls more than right, just as you, Hootie.

Many rival executives and scouts have believed the No. 1 pick will come down to two players — Holmgren and Smith — since the Magic won the draft lottery.

But the Magic have brought in various players throughout their draft board for workouts in Orlando to get a closer look at them ahead of Thursday.

“The conversation doesn’t just stay on that pick because we have to be prepared to jump around,” Weltman said. “We have to be prepared for conversations to become real. It’s not like we’re just talking about the top two or three guys.”

The Magic also have two second-round picks, Nos. 32 and 35.

Weltman acknowledged they’ve considered consolidating those picks by attempting to trade into the back end of the first round or other avenues.

There will be limited playing opportunities for an Orlando team that could have around 10 players under the age of 25 on the roster for next season.

“How many young guys can we get through the woods? They’re not all going to make it through maybe, but they have to have a chance,” Weltman said. “We do pay attention to that. We are having discussions with teams. Because we’re a team that has two early second-round picks and those are treated differently financially in the salary cap, especially to tax teams, it puts us in a position to have some conversations.”

From Orlando Sentinel