CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

There have also been questions about Holmgren's willingness to take a physical and the NBA's heart test. It's unclear whether he plans to or only has for specific teams, but the idea that he's trying to steer his way toward (or away) from certain teams is out there.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10038929-2022-nba-draft-buzz-latest-intel-on-top-prospects-and-vip-lottery-teams

Lotta interesting stuff in here …Jonathan Wasserman

20 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

There have also been questions about Holmgren's willingness to take a physical and the NBA's heart test. It's unclear whether he plans to or only has for specific teams, but the idea that he's trying to steer his way toward (or away) from certain teams is out there.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10038929-2022-nba-draft-buzz-latest-intel-on-top-prospects-and-vip-lottery-teams

Lotta interesting stuff in here …Jonathan Wasserman

"Rival teams continue to think Jaden Ivey is a sleeper pick at No. 2 for the Oklahoma City Thunder, especially if Jabari Smith goes first. Despite Holmgren getting consideration at No. 1, scouts still seem to share nerves about his body and limited creation for a top pick. Nobody sounds hesitant when it comes to Ivey. He wouldn't be an ideal fit for an OKC team that already has Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Josh Giddey, so the belief that he's an option at No. 2 may be more tied to some lack of confidence in Holmgren."

Oh my god we could trade 1 for 3+17 and still get Chet. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

So one guy does literally everything, the other is not even close to being developed yet but I'm supposed to want us to draft the latter not the former. Make it make sense. 

It’s seven different scouts, so perhaps that’s a factor here. 

5 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

It’s seven different scouts, so perhaps that’s a factor here. 

Ah yea probably. 

God the draft can't get here soon enough now. 3 days. 

2 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Watch Mathurin come in next year and look like Booker. I'm glad i'm not a GM. 

Damn right. This has got to be the hardest draft to select number one at.

Yep rumour mill atm is Sac is very high on Murray at 4, would mean Ivey would most likely go at 5 to Detroit. Question is if any of the top 3 go outside the consensus and don't pick one of Jabari/Chet/Banch.

3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Great stuff from Seth Davis and anonymous scouts in the Athletic today:

”For all the speculation as to who will be selected with the No. 1 pick, there was no debate among my scouts. Every single one said they would take Jabari Smith, and all but one said they would take Chet Holmgren second. So much for draft night suspense...

Jabari Smith, 6-10 freshman forward, Auburn. “If Orlando doesn’t take him, they’re stupid. Best upside of anyone in this draft. He’s not even close to being developed yet. From everything I’ve heard, he’s probably the best blend in this draft of character and skill set. When he wasn’t making shots he still defended his ass off. His weakness would be his shot-blocking and rebounding. He likes to float on the perimeter. He’s not as bouncy as some people would like to think. He moves his feet great defensively. He’s a super competitive player. He took his pregame stuff really seriously. He’s in a full sweat all the time. A professional mindset. He’s gotta become a better ballhandler. The only question would be if maybe he ends up being like Rudy Gay, who averaged 20 points in his career and never really won much….

Chet Holmgren, 7-1 freshman forward, Gonzaga. “He could potentially change the game. The concern is the body, obviously, but he’s got toughness to him. You can elbow him and he’s coming back at you. He does literally everything. He can shoot, can pass, handles well for his size. He’ll get a lot of clean looks from three because he’ll be guarded by fours and fives. He’ll shoot in the pick-and-pop and get a lot of trail 3s. There haven’t been a lot of guys that look like him physically, so you worry about his durability. Tiny hips, tiny shoulders, so I don’t know how much his body will fill out. Guys never seem to get a clean hit on him. He shot 73 percent from 2 and 39 percent from 3. What he does defensively is unprecedented. He’s an unbelievable weak side shot blocker…

Jaden Ivey, 6-4 sophomore guard, Purdue. “Best athlete in the draft. He has an explosiveness like Russell Westbrook or John Wall. He’s gonna be able to get downhill at will. He was able to bail himself out at the college level, although I’m not sure that works up here. He puts so much pressure on the defense with his speed. He’s not a great shooter, but he’s improved. People want to know if he can be a full-time point guard because he played a lot off the ball. The one concern would be lack of ball skills. He’s not a point guard, but man, he’s so athletic. Those guys succeed. He’ll be a better NBA player than college player.”

https://theathletic.com/3365902/2022/06/20/nba-draft-2022-anonymous-scouting-report/?amp=1

Yeap, no consensus of who is going to be the # 1 player selected when the lottery results took place 3-4 weeks ago.....for the past week or so and today the consensus for the most part is:

JABARI WILL BE A MAGIC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!