CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

Philly at #23 with Green seems like a reasonable trade target for one of our seconds and Ross. I’m curious how much of Green’s salary Philly would pay.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Philly at #23 with Green seems like a reasonable trade target for one of our seconds and Ross. I’m curious how much of Green’s salary Philly would pay.

Yeah, that would make a ton of sense. Expiring vet who can still play and a 2nd for expiring vet with a recently torn ACL who’s probably gonna retire and 23. Philly’s contention window is now, so they’d do it. They might even bite for Ross and a protected future 2nd if we needed to stock Lakeland this year

I know some on here like Hardy or other young guys at the back of the first or early second, but I really want someone with more experience who can also shoot that’s a SG/SF. I’m still on the Williams, Moore and Braun train. I could see a scenery where any of those three could start or at least get regular minutes right away. 

I feel nothing but sadness for this draft when I should be hyped to the max after we finally get a no 1 pick. I don't see a single player that is remotely close to being a top ten player/superstar/gamechanger. I just think this is a really bad draft. Now there will be a few players like there always is that steps up and makes it to an all star game or two and everyone will go how did we not see it but I don't see anything more than that.

The only blessing with having the no 1 pick is that we get to look at anyone we want so hopefully that leads to the FO being able to make an informed decision to get the best player out of this draft. Whomever that is ( don't care who as I'm so meh on everyone) I'll support, pray I'm wrong about this draft and hope they become amazing.

If they feel that player is further down then I hope they find a way to move down and obtain additional assets. But yeah I'm just feeling very disinterested. Very much a sad panda right now.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I know some on here like Hardy or other young guys at the back of the first or early second, but I really want someone with more experience who can also shoot that’s a SG/SF. I’m still on the Williams, Moore and Braun train. I could see a scenery where any of those three could start or at least get regular minutes right away. 

Yeah I’m hoping Braun is there at the top of the second round

2 hours ago, ball junkie said:

All your RockStar writers …hope we can find a potential star somewhere 

This is a good draft class....could even be better than last year....the pressure is on Chet to become a Kareem Abdul-Jabbar type of player. We just shall see.

3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Instead of CROWDED, the choice of a word should have been....versatile frontcourt, for example. Some writers don't know us....yet

Smith is expected to join a crowded Magic frontcourt, including Wendell Carter Jr.Franz Wagner, and Jonathan Isaac

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

That's a trade Soul....IF the FO can get the player they are targeting in that range.

10 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Alright everybody let's move on.…

Nobody is betting to leave the board because the board is better with more users and there aren't that many of us left. 

Let's get back to discussing the draft. 

Amen brother.  +1

2 hours ago, crisby pancakes said:

I feel nothing but sadness for this draft when I should be hyped to the max after we finally get a no 1 pick. I don't see a single player that is remotely close to being a top ten player/superstar/gamechanger. I just think this is a really bad draft. Now there will be a few players like there always is that steps up and makes it to an all star game or two and everyone will go how did we not see it but I don't see anything more than that.

The only blessing with having the no 1 pick is that we get to look at anyone we want so hopefully that leads to the FO being able to make an informed decision to get the best player out of this draft. Whomever that is ( don't care who as I'm so meh on everyone) I'll support, pray I'm wrong about this draft and hope they become amazing.

If they feel that player is further down then I hope they find a way to move down and obtain additional assets. But yeah I'm just feeling very disinterested. Very much a sad panda right now.

What’s crazy to me is that I’ve heard a lot about how deep this draft is, and that goes for like the top 6, similar to some level as 2018 - which was probably the last great “deep draft,” yet because there is no consensus #1, this is somehow a weak draft?

How have the #1 and #2 picks worked out over the last 5 years? How about just looking at the top 10? You have about 1-3 in there per year that go on to do something great in the NBA. This isn’t 2003, but I think it’s crazy that people act like this is 2013 and the talent pool just isn’t there. Paolo and Jabari are a 3 pt shot and dribble penetration away from potential multi-All-star status. 

Ivey, Murray, and Sharpe? All great upside guys. 

I don’t get how, because there isn’t a consensus #1 pick like Zion Williams or DeAndre Ayton (how did those work out?), that this is somehow a bad draft. There is no complete player but there are a hell of a lot whom are a few Minor tweaks away from potential All-star status. 

Seriously - get excited. This is a good class to be drafting in. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

Instead of CROWDED, the choice of a word should have been....versatile frontcourt, for example. Some writers don't know us....yet

Smith is expected to join a crowded Magic frontcourt, including Wendell Carter Jr.Franz Wagner, and Jonathan Isaac

Based on past seasons we can't expect more than 20-30 great games out of JI before being injured again. Anything more than that is a bonus! We definitely can't build around him. IMO Smith starts and JI comes off the bench.