CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

11 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

As for his decision not to play this season at Kentucky, which lost to Saint Peter’s in the first round of the NCAA Tournament, Sharpe says he has no regrets.

“Everything happens for a reason so I really don’t regret [not] playing,” he said. “I’m working out with NBA teams now so I guess I did something right.”

There was much speculation that his mentor Dwayne Washington was influential in Sharpe’s decision to sit out, but he said ultimately it was his call.

“I did talk to Cal [Kentucky coach John Calipari], my coach and trainer and my parents, but at the end of the day it was my decison to not play,” he said.

He did say part of him wanted to play at Kentucky.

“Me not playing, it’s hard,” he said. “Being a basketball player, you want to get out there and support your guys and play with your teammates and everything and compete. But I don’t think it’s really going to be too hard for me [to play] because I’ve been competing for a long time now.”

TyTy Washington, the Kentucky guard who is also in the draft, said Sharpe ultimately made a business decision not to play.

“He entered the draft, people say he’s supposed to be top five,” Washington said at the NBA Draft Combine. “I’m pretty sure anybody who’s in his shoes, and you don’t have to play a college game, you’re fresh out of high school and you don’t have to see a college floor and they’re saying you’re top five, I mean I see his situation.

“What if he had went out and God forbid, he would’ve tweaked something and now he has to sit and wait until the following season. I see what he’s doing and everything like that,” Washington added. “If I had a child and they’re saying he’s top five and he doesn’t have to play a minute of college, they’re going to take that for sure.”

I like the fact he’s manning up …he’s claiming his decisions …not running from them .

Tell you what CT …Let’s make a bet …and it may take a few years …between Chet and Sharpe …which career is the most successful …and injuries is part of the equation for both players …If Sharpe wins you leave this Forum …if Chet wins I’ll leave .

Deal ?

Rather not have either of you leave the forum.  Instead, let’s make it for $5,000.  As a neutral party, I’ll be happy to hold on to each of your 5K until we see who wins in a few years.  At that point, if you’re able to track me down, winner gets the $$$   :)

• Upvote 5

A report surfaced claiming his vertical leap was measured at a record 49 inches.

“I did see that on social media, but I’m in the gym working and not really worried about that,” Sharpe said. “Teams I went to measured my vert, but I didn’t get the feedback from them, so I’m not sure how high I can really jump.”

Interesting …

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

Did we even bring in Banchero? He doesn’t fit AT ALL with our team philosophy or draft history unless we really believe he’s going to give a lot more effort on defense in the Pros getting paid than he did in college. 

We didn’t bring in Suggs or Isaac either. I don’t read too much into the workouts. I read somewhere that our players were also campaigning for Banchero to be the pick. Not sure how he doesn’t fit? His bad defence is completely overblown. He would instantly be our best offensive player and him and Franz on the PnR would be lethal. I think his 3 point % is what would be his biggest issue, if you believe in his shot then he is hands down #1 talent in this draft. 

If a surprise name can shake up the top four, we're hearing it is Sharpe. There is some buzz about a team in the top four showing extra interest, though it is difficult to picture him going that high, considering general managers are evaluating Sharpe on 2021 AAU tape and workouts.

The Sacramento Kings would make the most sense, given how his shooting/shot-making would fit next to De'Aaron Fox. He's in the conversation for the Detroit Pistons at No. 5 and likely every team picking sixth to 10th. It's difficult to picture him getting past both the San Antonio Spurs and Washington Wizards.

1. From Jonathan Wasserman 
  • Upvote 1

On 6/17/2022 at 4:25 AM, TreyMachine said:

7 DAYS UNTIL "WITH THE FIRST PICK IN THE 2022 NBA DRAFT, THE ORLANDO MAGIC SELECT.....' 

To trade down! :P

30 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

If a surprise name can shake up the top four, we're hearing it is Sharpe. There is some buzz about a team in the top four showing extra interest, though it is difficult to picture him going that high, considering general managers are evaluating Sharpe on 2021 AAU tape and workouts.

The Sacramento Kings would make the most sense, given how his shooting/shot-making would fit next to De'Aaron Fox. He's in the conversation for the Detroit Pistons at No. 5 and likely every team picking sixth to 10th. It's difficult to picture him getting past both the San Antonio Spurs and Washington Wizards.

1. From Jonathan Wasserman 

Its us defo!!!!!! Hahahaha WeltHam on a madness. I am all for it

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

Tell you what CT …Let’s make a bet …and it may take a few years …between Chet and Sharpe …which career is the most successful …and injuries is part of the equation for both players …If Sharpe wins you leave this Forum …if Chet wins I’ll leave .

Deal ?

Don't really see the point personally there's no way we'd remember it years from now.

And if we did, how do you adequately judge it? Who's had a better career Andrew Wiggins or Julius Randle? One has an All NBA 2nd team and a MIP whereas one won a championship as a (high end) role player. Up until literally this season I imagine everyone would have said Randle but Wiggins has had a great year and there's still time for either to take it depending on how the next 5 years or so go. So what we're going to remember this bet 10 years from now and decide? Seems unlikely. 

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

Don't really see the point personally there's no way we'd remember it years from now.

And if we did, how do you adequately judge it? Who's had a better career Andrew Wiggins or Julius Randle? One has an All NBA 2nd team and a MIP whereas one won a championship as a (high end) role player. Up until literally this season I imagine everyone would have said Randle but Wiggins has had a great year and there's still time for either to take it depending on how the next 5 years or so go. So what we're going to remember this bet 10 years from now and decide? Seems unlikely. 

Knew you’d chicken out …for me it won’t take long to figure out …definitely not 10 years …not remember lol …

• Downvote 6

16 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Knew you’d chicken out …for me it won’t take long to figure out …definitely not 10 years …not remember lol …

Chicken out? What are we 11?

Chicken implies there's something to be afraid of. I could leave this board tomorrow and never post again without much care but then it'd be down a moderator, quality of discussion would drop considerably and there'd be nobody to gloat if we picked Chet ;) 

EDIT: just as an FYI I'm not the one down voting you.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Chicken out? What are we 11?

Chicken implies there's something to be afraid of. I could leave this board tomorrow and never post again without much care but then it'd be down a moderator, quality of discussion would drop considerably and there'd be nobody to gloat if we picked Chet ;) 

Inflated opinion of yourself …wonder how that makes the other posters here feel smh …not a surprising comment 

Edit: I don’t care about the upvote downvote thing …I say my opinion …if people like it cool, if they don’t cool …I don’t think I’ve given one downvote since I came back …It’s a message board for opinions lol 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

53 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I'm calling it we are taking Sharpe!!

What exactly are the different things that Sharpe does that will make him have a greater NBA career than Jalen Suggs?