CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

I wouldn't mind seeing us do a trade with Houston - they get #1 and #35, and we get #3 and #17. This is highly dependent on what we think of Banchero, Ivey, and/or Sharpe. If we think one of them has star-potential equal or greater than Smith/Holmgren it could be a very good move.

I also looked at possibly doing larger deals that included TRoss,  RJ Hampton, and our #32, and the Rockets Eric Gordon and Kevin Porter, Jr. in there as well. I know Porter has had some behavior issues, but maybe our culture would help to bring him onto the straight and narrow?

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

Agreed, but I’m on the Hardy train. 

Sure. Hardy is one in that group for me. I'd also include Dalen Terry.

I cannot believe we trade down, i just can't see it. I really think we would only do it with the 3 teams behind us. I cannot see them offering enough to make us trade. OKC could easily get us to trade but what would that mean? Chet or Jabari is the player they think is a superstar. If they traded and OKC picked Jabari i think that would make them look bad. If OKC traded with us and picked Chet, that would be win for the GM's. I can't see OKC doing it though. Almost any other trade looks dicey. Trade back to the 4th for whoever could make someone lose their job.

Anyhow here is a good link. Not for reading about our pick, this is more if you want to read about more of the players lower in the draft. In case we move up from the second.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2022/6/15/23166148/nba-mock-draft-2022-updated-projection-after-withdrawal-deadline-best-pick-most-likely

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

I wouldn't mind seeing us do a trade with Houston - they get #1 and #35, and we get #3 and #17. This is highly dependent on what we think of Banchero, Ivey, and/or Sharpe. If we think one of them has star-potential equal or greater than Smith/Holmgren it could be a very good move.

I also looked at possibly doing larger deals that included TRoss,  RJ Hampton, and our #32, and the Rockets Eric Gordon and Kevin Porter, Jr. in there as well. I know Porter has had some behavior issues, but maybe our culture would help to bring him onto the straight and narrow?

If we can still get Jabari at #3 then i do this deal. This is perfect if Houston wants Paolo, then we select him and whoever OKC doesn't pick we get at 3. the we package #17 and and #32 to move up to 8-12  (and other stuff or picks)

52 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

If we can still get Jabari at #3 then i do this deal. This is perfect if Houston wants Paolo, then we select him and whoever OKC doesn't pick we get at 3. the we package #17 and and #32 to move up to 8-12  (and other stuff or picks)

Yeah this seems like it could happen. It's all about other teams being convinced somebody they want is a must have player. Move up to the top, nobody can pick your guy. I could see Houston really wanting Banchero to pair with Jalen. Classic scorer, big man combo because Paolo has the gravity in the post to free up Green on the perimeter. The question is do they love the idea so much they pull the trigger?

On a smaller note over on reddit some Houston fan says they still own their own pick next year. So they still had 3 self owned  picks in a row after all those crazy trades they made? Seems like they were not screwed at all by the Westbrook trade, nor the CP3 nonsense before hand.

It's Jake Fischer he's hardly the most "inside" of insiders but:

"One early candidate to fall in the lottery: Shaedon Sharpe. After not playing at Kentucky, Sharpe has been said to underwhelm multiple teams in pre-draft workouts. His range may begin with the New Orleans Pelicans at No. 8, but Sharpe could also feasibly be the target for any team that trades with Portland for the No. 7 pick."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10038916-latest-nba-intel-sources-say-james-harden-will-sign-short-term-extension-with-sixers

Mi draft ideal seria tradear la #1 por #2 y #12 o #3 y #17. Mi preferido es Jabari seguido de Banchero y después Holgrem. Con el pick #12 iría por Griffin,Duren o Mark williams. Con el #17 iría con Jalen Williams ya que los 3 de arriba no creo que lleguen a ese momento. Si creo q este draft es muy bueno y hay muchas buenas opciones cómo yo pienso, también haría #23 y Green por #32 y Ross para elegir a Hardy o Terry y también llamaría a Milwaukee por la #24 con nuestro #35 y algo más ya q ellos están complicados de Cap y elegiría a PBJ.

G Fultz, Cole, Suggs, Rj (Hardy, Terry)

F Wagner, Isaac, Okeke (primera selección, Griffin, Jalen Williams, PBJ) D. Green

C Wcj,Bamba o (Duren,Williams),Mo Wagner.

Claramente no haría todos los intercambios pero si los veo a todos los posibles si quisieramos hacerlo. Perdón por escribir en español pero todo esto q pienso en inglés no me quedaría bien

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

It's Jake Fischer he's hardly the most "inside" of insiders but:

"One early candidate to fall in the lottery: Shaedon Sharpe. After not playing at Kentucky, Sharpe has been said to underwhelm multiple teams in pre-draft workouts. His range may begin with the New Orleans Pelicans at No. 8, but Sharpe could also feasibly be the target for any team that trades with Portland for the No. 7 pick."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10038916-latest-nba-intel-sources-say-james-harden-will-sign-short-term-extension-with-sixers

So if I understand the above, the news is Sharpe could fall to 7 or 8, from 4 or 5?  OK. 

19 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

So if I understand the above, the news is Sharpe could fall to 7 or 8, from 4 or 5?  OK. 

I think Sharpe is trying to finagle his way to OKC …and if Presti snags Holmgren and Sharpe the media will be singing his praises ….Sharpe camp have even said as much …they don’t care where he is picked in the lottery but that they wanna go where he can be developed to his potential .

43 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

"His range may begin... at 8"