CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

22 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Soul Bro what do you make of this ? Curious of your opinion since you do know him .

Also, no bet lol

I think we may do a madness.

Matt Lloyd definitely has input even though he left for the T Wolves.

Ultimately WeltHam make the decisions 

Look, the teams picking near the top of the draft are there for a reason — they lack star talent. The NBA has always been a star-driven league, and the 2022 draft is dangerously devoid of superstar upside after the top-3.

Players like Keegan Murray, Dyson Daniels, and Johnny Davis project as safer, high-floor types. But at the top of the draft, teams are typically pushing for upside swings. They’re swinging for home runs, not singles.

Sharpe is one of the few true home run swings in the 2022 draft. For a team looking to start over like the Pacers at No. 6, Sharpe is a chance at coming away with the best player in the draft. Ditto the Pistons at No. 5, who tanked all year for the top pick only to fall four spots.

The Kings at No. 4 and Blazers at No. 7 don’t seem like strong fits, since both appear to be in win-now mode. But that could lead either or both to trade their picks for veteran help, and a team trading away veterans is probably looking to go young with an upside play like Sharpe.

In my lottery night mock draft, I projected Sharpe to the Pacers at No. 6. His upside gives him as good a chance as anyone in the draft to be taken at No. 4, 5, 6, or 7. He’s +155 to go top-5 at PointsBet, and he’s +600 to go fourth or +225 to go fifth at DraftKings.

Want to get crazy? Oklahoma City picks at No. 2, and Sam Presti always does things a little different. What if Presti’s preferred big man is gone and he wants to take a swing on athletic upside? Sharpe would slot well next to Josh Giddey and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander. He’s 60-to-1 to go second overall at DraftKings.

With Sharpe’s tantalizing upside and potential, it feels like anything is possible.

There’s always a player or two who gets significant buzz the week leading up to the draft and shoots up big boards and mock drafts. Sharpe has the potential to be that guy this year. I’ll take his under-7.5 and bet on potential.

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nba/shaedon-sharpe-2022-nba-draft-odds-outlook-betting-analysis/amp

Wow 

Still, he lamented missing out on a year of competing at the college level. But that reality didn’t stop him from making the jump to the NBA. He believes he is ready for the challenge and hasn’t hurt his stock during workouts.

“I feel like I’m doing good throughout this process,” Sharpe said.

He also said he is prepared to fill whatever need a team might have for him.

“I want to go to a team where I can compete,” he said.

Among the teams Sharpe said he has visited are Oklahoma City (the Nos. 2 and 12 picks), Orlando (No. 1), Charlotte (Nos. 13 and 15) and San Antonio (Nos. 9, 20 and 25).
https://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/2022/06/shaedon-sharpe-who-worked-out-for-the-trail-blazers-comes-with-tremendous-upside-but-much-mystery.html?outputType=amp

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Picagus6Uruguay said:

Screenshot_20220615-203533_Twitter.jpg

We need an appearance and an explanation on this one. He always had good reasons but I’m skeptical on this one. Too much risk unless you’re really big on an upside guard. 

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

Soul Bro what do you make of this ? Curious of your opinion since you do know him .

Also, no bet lol

I don’t talk with him anymore. He left TBN high and dry. In terms of moving around or down, I don’t see it. If we do it, it means we LOVE a specific prospect.

5 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Something that has always intrigued me about our players over the last few years has been their intelligence and maturity. You hear Franz discussing defensive schemes in his post draft press conference and see Suggs / Barnes (whom we reportedly wanted to draft) articulate themselves and their approach to the game and you know their brains are turning during the game - being proactive rather than reactive. 

Sharpe is 18 or so, so I get he might not be one for words, but he comes off to me as someone whom is very athletic and a great natural scorer perhaps but isn’t a “student of the game.” Anyone get this vibe in some of his answers and general attitude? Extremely different from the interview with Jabari Smith. 

13 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I don’t talk with him anymore. He left TBN high and dry. In terms of moving around or down, I don’t see it. If we do it, it means we LOVE a specific prospect.

What was the situation there? Just wanted to get off? Too much time spent? Wanted a broader audience? He had I want to say 20,000+ posts here. I missed the exit after taking my own short hiatus here. 

1 minute ago, TreyMachine said:

What was the situation there? Just wanted to get off? Too much time spent? Wanted a broader audience? He had I want to say 20,000+ posts here. I missed the exit after taking my own short hiatus here. 

He never told me. Nor did the other original mods. They all trickled off over time. The pressure of the job is intense. Lol