CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

I got a mad mad feeling WeltHam are going to do something absolutely BONKERS! 

And its going to define our dynasty!

Just now, Jay Magic said:

I got a mad mad feeling WeltHam are going to do something absolutely BONKERS! 

And its going to define our dynasty!

Sure hope you’re right Jay !

And I can tell you some stories better than Moldy Hobo …but only if Soul Bro gives me permission …cause he was involved lol 

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

But at some point the market and the FO choices will dictate a breaking up on those pairings, so there'll be people p****d :P

It could happen as soon as this summer if Bamba leaves.

It'd be very unprofessional for anyone to be pissed about something like that. They're professionals they should consider it a privilege that they get to play on the same team as their friends from pre-NBA not some kind of expectation.

If they want to stick together one of them needs to become a superstar with enough leverage to demand we keep his friends around lol.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/34089687/2022-nba-mock-draft-first-round-changes-include-lottery-movement

On Piston’s #5 pick:
“Sharpe is also said to be a real candidate here but couldn't separate himself in a competitive 3-on-3 workout he conducted last week alongside the likes of Bennedict Mathurin, Dyson Daniels and others.”

As many in this forum, I am very intrigued on Sharpe’s potential and although I would not pick him with #1 pick nor trade it down for him, I would love trading for mid-late lottery for him, in case he is available.

But as there is so few intel on him, reading something like this definitely puts some brakes on the excitement, at least for me…

Aminu’s contract has kept me a bit skeptical about the FO, but since then I liked their moves and am happy they are doing their due diligence for next Thursday, so they have my trust for the coming weeks.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JayMac said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/34089687/2022-nba-mock-draft-first-round-changes-include-lottery-movement

On Piston’s #5 pick:
“Sharpe is also said to be a real candidate here but couldn't separate himself in a competitive 3-on-3 workout he conducted last week alongside the likes of Bennedict Mathurin, Dyson Daniels and others.”

As many in this forum, I am very intrigued on Sharpe’s potential and although I would not pick him with #1 pick nor trade it down for him, I would love trading for mid-late lottery for him, in case he is available.

But as there is so few intel on him, reading something like this definitely puts some brakes on the excitement, at least for me…

Aminu’s contract has kept me a bit skeptical about the FO, but since then I liked their moves and am happy they are doing their due diligence for next Thursday, so they have my trust for the coming weeks.

Good find JayMac and I agree …let’s see what the next 8 days have to bring 

35 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

It could happen as soon as this summer if Bamba leaves.

It'd be very unprofessional for anyone to be pissed about something like that. They're professionals they should consider it a privilege that they get to play on the same team as their friends from pre-NBA not some kind of expectation.

If they want to stick together one of them needs to become a superstar with enough leverage to demand we keep his friends around lol.

Exactly that last paragraph for sure!

+1 CT!!

40 minutes ago, JayMac said:

On Piston’s #5 pick:

This could also be the Pistons leaking misinformation. And just because people are not dominating in 3-on-3, or are dominating, doesn’t inherently dictate a player’s ability to dominate in the NBA. 

Ex. Elfrid Payton’s Magic Pre-Draft workout 

40 minutes ago, JayMac said:

On Piston’s #5 pick:

I find that very interesting in the following ways:

1. We have confirmation Sharpe is playing in 3 on 3 workouts.  That doesn't say he is hiding himself.

2. He couldn't separate himself from Muthrin and Dyson.  Doesn't say he was outplayed by them.  Those two are top half of the lottery projected guys and have played competitive games.  If Sharpe is holding his own in that 3 on 3 competitive workout, that should be answering some questions about the impact of the layoff on his game.

3. Who leaks the outcome of his workout with Detroit?  Is it the organization?  Is it the other players?  Is it Sharpe's camp?  All three would seem to have a reason to leak this kind of statement, but the first seems the most likely.  And if they are leaking that these three are all similar, it is likely a smoke screen. 

Glad Sharpe is coming to Orlando for a workout and I hope they will do a similar competitive 3 on 3.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

1. We have confirmation Sharpe is playing in 3 on 3 workouts.  That doesn't say he is hiding himself.

2. He couldn't separate himself from Muthrin and Dyson.  Doesn't say he was outplayed by them.  Those two are top half of the lottery projected guys and have played competitive games.  If Sharpe is holding his own in that 3 on 3 competitive workout, that should be answering some questions about the impact of the layoff on his game.

3. Who leaks the outcome of his workout with Detroit?  Is it the organization?  Is it the other players?  Is it Sharpe's camp?  All three would seem to have a reason to leak this kind of statement, but the first seems the most likely.  And if they are leaking that these three are all similar, it is likely a smoke screen. 

Glad Sharpe is coming to Orlando for a workout and I hope they will do a similar competitive 3 on 3.

Great psychological analysis. I'm of the belief you only report this if it comes out of Detroit, not the other player's agents. 

My take: Sharpe looked great and Detroit is hoping he falls to them at #5. 

15 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

As I watch this, it's apparent Ivey and Sharpe BOTH are "bucket getters" but there are concerns with both of them on the defensive end.

Considering the Magic's love of guys with a defensive mentality (Suggs and Wagner both were known for their defensive efforts and Barnes was known for his defensive capabiilties), it doesn't seem like either player fits the team's mold of two-way players that they're looking for. 

1 hour ago, JayMac said:

On Piston’s #5 pick:

40 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

8 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Great psychological analysis. I'm of the belief you only report this if it comes out of Detroit, not the other player's agents. 

My take: Sharpe looked great and Detroit is hoping he falls to them at #5. 

Alternately, they want one of the three bigs, or Ivey; and they are trying to use reverse psychology to get someone above them to take Sharpe!