CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

1 hour ago, TreyMachine said:

I think the upside is enough there that someone takes a swing at him and trades up at #7 or #8. I'm also surprised, however, that he isn't working out for a team as no one really has game tape to go off of to even evaluate him (and maybe make a decision to move up in the draft to get him). If I'm Sharpe's agent, I'm getting him privately in front of whomever wants to meet him. 

Maybe he’s got a guarantee …certainly seems confident if not working out …I just hope Weltham is/are doing their homework …cause not only does Sharpe do more things than Smith and Holmgren but he fits exactly what we need …if he blows up you, me everybody …it’ll be one sad day with the what if’s.

38 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Maybe he’s got a guarantee …certainly seems confident if not working out …I just hope Weltham is/are doing their homework …cause not only does Sharpe do more things than Smith and Holmgren but he fits exactly what we need …if he blows up you, me everybody …it’ll be one sad day with the what if’s.

Sharpe’s camp also doesn’t sound overly concerned with where he’s picked, preferring to take a long-term view in steering him to an advantageous development situation in which he can maximize his significant potential and become an All-Star, with the Thunder being at the top of their list.”

Another reason why he’s refusing to workout for various teams …still don’t see why this can’t be the Magic …Jamahl a great mentor/star developer …if the Thunder get Holmgren and Sharpe …sheeesh …trade down Weltham …you can do it …and don’t worry about personalities …I’d much rather have some ornery personalities on my team …makes practices more intense .

Edit: since I coached Soul Bro I can tell you firsthand he was one ornery player himself jajaja 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

Can I just say I wish we had the Moldy Hobo this offseason? That individual is still a legend for that account a few summers back. 

A few summers? I swear I remember that when I started lurking and watching what you guys would write and discuss in like 2009/10 ish lol

Everyone's getting old, Trey lol

8 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

Can I just say I wish we had the Moldy Hobo this offseason? That individual is still a legend for that account a few summers back. 

Hahaha real 1s know. Legendary forum finessing 

6 hours ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

A few summers? I swear I remember that when I started lurking and watching what you guys would write and discuss in like 2009/10 ish lol

Everyone's getting old, Trey lol

Was definitely 10 years ish ago and some after for sure hahahaahahahahaha MOLDY haha memories 

Y'know I'm very concerned Paolo Banchero is essentially going to put up 18-19 Blake Griffin type stats for 10+ years and make all this Chet/Jabari talk look really stupid in hindsight. He's so skilled already at 19 in like the ideal PF frame, I think the jumper will come along (based on him being a very good mid range shooter already), he has the tools to be a solid defender with coaching... 

He's the worst "fit" for us but we shouldn't be factoring that in at all anyway.. 

I don't know.. maybe it's just that time of the draft cycle where I'm bored of defending the opinions I've had for months and scrambling for fresh stuff to think about...

I guess at the end of the day I will legitimately be happy with any of the 3 guys. My ranking has been 1. Chet 2. Paolo 3. Jabari for a while now but at this point I don't even know anymore. 

21 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I agree.

This team has a lot of pre-existing chemistry already. Bamba and Cole were best friends, RJ and Suggs were good friends prior to the draft. The Wagner brothers. I don't know for certain but I'm fairly sure Chuma and WCJ knew each other from the Atlanta basketball scene too.

It's not like something that you use to justify a pick but it's certainly a nice bonus to know that the pick isn't going to disrupt the locker room and will have people they trust and can lean on alongside them as a rookie. 

(Allow me to dream a little with this last comment...) Suggs and Chet won 3 state titles together as teenagers. Imagine the 30 for 30 they'd make if they won 3 NBA titles together too. 

But at some point the market and the FO choices will dictate a breaking up on those pairings, so there'll be people p****d :P

The Magic brought Smith in for a light workout and interview this week but continue to cast a wide net, scheduling additional visits with the likes of Paolo BancheroKeegan MurrayShaedon Sharpe and others.

YES !!! …All I can ask for …from Givony …Weltham on the clock …let’s see how they can catapult our trajectory with this pick 

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

Was definitely 10 years ish ago and some after for sure hahahaahahahahaha MOLDY haha memories 

Good night - has it really been 10 years?!? I guess so as I distinctly remember him dropping “we’re going to match Marcin Gortat” citing insider information and the next day we did. Had a 100% track record of saying something and it happening 24 hours later for like 2 straight summers. Absolutely legendary. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Y'know I'm very concerned Paolo Banchero is essentially going to put up 18-19 Blake Griffin type stats for 10+ years and make all this Chet/Jabari talk look really stupid in hindsight. He's so skilled already at 19 in like the ideal PF frame, I think the jumper will come along (based on him being a very good mid range shooter already), he has the tools to be a solid defender with coaching... 

He's the worst "fit" for us but we shouldn't be factoring that in at all anyway.. 

I don't know.. maybe it's just that time of the draft cycle where I'm bored of defending the opinions I've had for months and scrambling for fresh stuff to think about...

I guess at the end of the day I will legitimately be happy with any of the 3 guys. My ranking has been 1. Chet 2. Paolo 3. Jabari for a while now but at this point I don't even know anymore. 

We’re not going to be disappointed with any of these picks (outside of maybe Chet if he is indeed injury prone). I’m of the opinion that this feels like a deep draft and that any of the top 6-8 could turn into all-stars. 

• Upvote 1