CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

5 hours ago, ball junkie said:

So all things being equal …you find a team that values the fit …I’ve seen teams picking in the top 10 that don’t want Sharpe because they are in win now mode as an example …there’s gotta be somebody we can fleece …jeez 2017 was no dominant number 1 … Celtics came out with Tatum at 3 and picks 

Value is in the eye of the beholder. If the Magic take Smith, it means they clearly value him over Sharpe and others and don’t want to risk losing him by trading down.

Edit - Junkie, you’ve posted Vecenie quotes on Sharpe here a couple of times. However, Vecenie raves about Smith both as his number one player and best fit for Orlando. What do you think of those specific thoughts?

Here’s my confession: I’m an Orlando Magic homer and will convince myself whoever we pick is destined to be absolutely amazing.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Here’s my confession: I’m an Orlando Magic homer and will convince myself whoever we pick is destined to be amazing.

Retweet. It’s been a vicious attack on my psyche the last decade. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, ball junkie said:

https://www.detroitbadboys.com/platform/amp/2022/6/9/23157291/shaedon-sharpe-scouting-report-2022-nba-draft-detroit-pistons
Success rates of drafting kids straight from HS looks pretty successful if you ask me …see link 

Edit:My point with all this when it comes to Shaedon Sharpe is: STOP SAYING HE’S A MAJOR RISK BECAUSE HE’S A HIGH SCHOOL PLAYER. If this history lesson teaches us anything, it’s that the guys that come straight out of high school actually might be more ready, since the reason they can make the jump straight out of high school is because of advanced skill, athleticism, basketball IQ, approach to the game, or a mix of all the above.

Edit: DestroidMengars …that was not meant for you but just anybody in general with the mindset it’s a risk because kids are HS coming to the NBA

If we are basing things on HS stats, Which HS player do you take??

Player 1 HS stats
22.6 points, 5.8 rebounds and 2.7 assists

Player 2 HS stats
20.8 points, 12.6 rebounds, 4.7 blocks and 4.4 assists

Player 3 HS stats
22.6 points, 11.0 rebounds, 3.7 assists and 1.6 blocks

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Value is in the eye of the beholder. If the Magic take Smith, it means they clearly value him over Sharpe and others and don’t want to risk losing him by trading down.

Edit - Junkie, you’ve posted Vecenie quotes on Sharpe here a couple of times. However, Vecenie raves about Smith both as his number one player and best fit for Orlando. What do you think of those specific thoughts?

He also said the same about Sharpe as you know …but all the talk of it’s a risk to take Sharpe to high because of not enough data or he’s just a high schooler …which to me is BS …they didn’t have anything but HS data back in 2005 and before either …so Sharpe has slipped some because of the unknown quantity …so, at least the media and probably GM’s don’t consider Sharpe a number 1 candidate because of the quote ‘risk’ factor …so Vecine or anyone else hasn’t mentioned Sharpe as a number 1 candidate …they all have warts Bro …equal value at the top …Weltham on the clock …let’s see what they can do ….do you see a deep playoff run anytime in the future if all we do is make our pick and that’s it for the foreseeable future ?

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

Since Trey said he had confidence in Weltham making the right call …figured I’d look at their draft history …found this 

Chet won't be drafted by this FO......he is a big time project.

He is going to take years just to be able to play at the pace the NBA is being played today and in the foreseeable future and might well end up just being a back up player.

11 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

He is going to take years just to be able to play at the pace the NBA is being played today and in the foreseeable future and might well end up just being a back up player.

You just made CT’s head explode. Lolololol

35 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

If we are basing things on HS stats, Which HS player do you take??

Player 1 HS stats
22.6 points, 5.8 rebounds and 2.7 assists

Player 2 HS stats
20.8 points, 12.6 rebounds, 4.7 blocks and 4.4 assists

Player 3 HS stats
22.6 points, 11.0 rebounds, 3.7 assists and 1.6 blocks

I’m assuming one of these players is Howard stats in HS …clearly Dwight was awesome …but he also put up those numbers against some small schools because his HS was only 100 kids …so I think his numbers are inflated because of that .

Assuming player 1 is Sharpe you know who I’d take and you already know why …watching the Finals right now and they are just now talking about wings with size to make deep runs in the playoffs are not only valuable but a necessity …Sharpe (cough cough) 6’5 1/2 with a 7 foot wingspan …with that physique he has and the football mentality how big do you think he’ll be in a few years ?

3 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

All I'll say is it's pretty brave to look at a draft history that includes Giannis, Bruno Cabaclo, Thon Maker, Mo Bamba and Jon Isaac and then say "this FO won't draft the ultra long skinny project" (I also don't believe Chet is a project, he's more skilled than anybody I mentioned above when they came into the league)