CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

Latest Mock from CBS’ Parrish:

Round One - Pick One: Chet Holmgren 

The concerns about Holmgren's slight frame are legitimate — but he's such a unique prospect with incredible potential that Orlando should be uncomfortable passing on this 7-foot rim-protector who can also bounce it like a guard and reliably make 3-pointers. He has the highest ceiling in this draft and, for that reason, should be the first player selected.”

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2022-nba-mock-draft-jabari-smith-moves-up-to-no-2-to-thunder-behind-chet-holmgren-at-no-1-to-magic/amp/

The closer we get to the draft, the more I’d rather trade the pick, I think. Open for trading down and asset collecting while still getting a top prospect, or trading out if it lands us an established all star.

I still think it’s Jabari if we go 1, but I’m also in a bit of a superstitious camp with him all of a sudden, which admittedly is 100% unreasonable and dumb. I didn’t like him wearing Laker colored shoes to his workout, left a bad taste considering that we lost 2 faces of the franchise that we picked 1 overall to that team.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

The closer we get to the draft, the more I’d rather trade the pick, I think. Open for trading down and asset collecting while still getting a top prospect, or trading out if it lands us an established all star.

I still think it’s Jabari if we go 1, but I’m also in a bit of a superstitious camp with him all of a sudden, which admittedly is 100% unreasonable and dumb. I didn’t like him wearing Laker colored shoes to his workout, left a bad taste considering that we lost 2 faces of the franchise that we picked 1 overall to that team.

Hahahahahaha. Life is mad isnt it.

He can leave for the Lakers aslong as we win 1 CHAMPIONSHIP in my lifetime! 

I think we would all take that...

The real diehards would for sure!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Hahahahahaha. Life is mad isnt it.

He can leave for the Lakers aslong as we win 1 CHAMPIONSHIP in my lifetime! 

I think we would all take that...

The real diehards would for sure!

Yeah, I’m there with you. I just want one title. Honestly, I’d even settle for being consistently competitive again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Please let this happen …my dream scenario …was just reading OKC is enamored with Sharpe …but not at 2 …if he’s still on the board at 6, which he might not be they’re pondering packaging 12 and other things to get up to 6 and take him …the article was from Givony talking about Thunder interest in him …the home team website saying he won’t be there at 12 and they should try to trade up …

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

The Magic have to provide the blue and white tennis shoes to the players coming to workout for them...same way the t's are provided. Bottom line, this not a big deal....

14 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

The Magic have to provide the blue and white tennis shoes to the players coming to workout for them...same way the t's are provided. Bottom line, this not a big deal....

Oh, I know it’s not, and I know it’s ridiculous and it means nothing and we have the rookies right for essentially 8 years and so on. It just woke up the 9 year old kid in me a bit that’s first heartbreak was Shaquille O’Neal

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’m surprised there wasn’t louder backlash about it. As I said, kid: read the room!

7 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Oh, I know it’s not, and I know it’s ridiculous and it means nothing and we have the rookies right for essentially 8 years and so on. It just woke up the 9 year old kid in me a bit that’s first heartbreak was Shaquille O’Neal

Hey that was my first sports heartbreak too lol. Nothing else has been as devastating. I was already numb by the time Beckham left Manchester United for Real Madrid

• Like 1

19 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I admit that I didn't know well the college prospects, but for what I've read (a lot of indecision) I'm absolutely with you. If there's not a clear Pick1 option, just make the most of it through trade. Not sure that the FO will choose that path though.

• Upvote 1

Let’s start with the fact that in this scenario, OKC lands Chet Holmgren, Shaedon Sharpe, Jake LaRavia, and Khalifa Diop, while I have concerns about the last two picks I do not really care when you factor in the Thunder would hypothetically land two of my top five players in this draft.

How could this happen? If Sharpe falls out of the top five which would include some variation of Jabari Smith Jr, Chet Holmgren, Paolo Banchero, Jaden Ivey, and Keegan Murray, then things get interesting for OKC. With the 6th pick, is Sharpe a player that hard-nosed head coach Rick Carlisle is going to take a shot on with his reputation of not trusting young guards and thus not giving the Canadian guard a runway to develop? Portland and New Orleans are in win-now mode with the 7th and 8th picks, like the Pacers argument is Shaedon Sharpe a San Antonio guy? At this point, you are down to the 10th pick with Washington, a much easier leap up from 12 to go get a prospect Presti loves.
https://thunderousintentions.com/2022/06/12/shaedon-sharpe-okc-thunder-top-list/amp/

Presti knows talent …your call Weltham …jeez if we’re having discussions about whom to pick or what to do, imagine being in Welthams shoes right about now .

Originally posted on Hoops Wire  |  By Sam Amico  |  Last updated 6/10/22

The Magic are expected to host Gonzaga center Chet Holmgren for a workout next week, per Khobi Price of the Orlando Sentinel.

Orlando owns the No. 1 overall pick in the draft and Holmgren is said to be in play.

HERE WE GO..............LET THE COMPARISONS CONTINUE.