CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

4 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I know he was very very high on Chet, regardless.

On Wembanyama, I’m still undecided. I have to see someone like him dominate the NBA to be fully convinced. 

That’s the trouble with these unicorn prospects. They are all a bit different from each other and there aren’t real easy pints of comparison. Kevin Garnett maybe? The closest you find at his size and skill level today is probably Giannis, but both of those are just absurd comps to make.

i do know that when he went against Chet over the summer it was pretty clear he was the better player 

• Like 1

The thing about Chet is even if he is the biggest flop ever, there is literally NO ONE who can fault the Magic for having taken him. How in God's name do you pass on someone that good? If he was even 220lbs and wasn't "Skinny Boii AF" this wouldn't have been a discussion. He'd have been arguably the most coveted prospect since Zion but without the loco hype train 

No one is going to look back and say "lol Shawn Bradley" but "Orlando took a chance on a guy who literally had everything but there was question about his build. This could have happened to anyone at #1"

I was having flashbacks of montrez Harrell bullying bamba who has the height advantage and how that did nothing to help him?!?!?!?! Yeah I think I’m off the Chet bandwagon, just to many grown men in the league to take that kind of chance.

8 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

I was having flashbacks of montrez Harrell bullying bamba who has the height advantage and how that did nothing to help him?!?!?!?! Yeah I think I’m off the Chet bandwagon, just to many grown men in the league to take that kind of chance.

WCJ would just guard Harrell. He's legitimately one of the best post defenders in the league.

Also Chet has played bigger dudes in college and still altered their shots over and over.  Jalen Duren weighs 250, will probably be a lottery pick, and shot 3-11 against Gonzaga and Chet. 

9 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

WCJ would just guard Harrell. He's legitimately one of the best post defenders in the league.

Also Chet has played bigger dudes in college and still altered their shots over and over.  Jalen Duren weighs 250, will probably be a lottery pick, and shot 3-11 against Gonzaga and Chet. 

Duren is not offensively gifted like Harrell, but if we do take Chet I hope you’re right 

2 hours ago, J Roc Baby said:

The thing about Chet is even if he is the biggest flop ever, there is literally NO ONE who can fault the Magic for having taken him. How in God's name do you pass on someone that good? If he was even 220lbs and wasn't "Skinny Boii AF" this wouldn't have been a discussion. He'd have been arguably the most coveted prospect since Zion but without the loco hype train 

No one is going to look back and say "lol Shawn Bradley" but "Orlando took a chance on a guy who literally had everything but there was question about his build. This could have happened to anyone at #1"

There are RED FLAGS with Chet's lack of a NBA body....no question, there are flags with every player.

Bottom line, the Magic selecting Chet with the # 1 pick is risky, very risky. He is a "big" time project. Will they do it? I think they take Jabari....he is more ready for the NBA game that is being played today. He is also one whole year younger.

• Upvote 1

Something fun to think about: tomorrow, we’re only two weeks away from the Draft. It felt so much farther before I made that calculation. Very exciting. 

• Like 1

Just watch the Finals tonight and picture Chet playing the 4 or 5 …BR had an article today he was most likely of the top 3 to drop on draft night …and I’m not tying to pile on …I don’t think he’s a candidate anyway and that Shams interview didn’t make me feel any different about him and the Magic …just keeping it real 

Tracy McGrady sees two future NBA stars in 2022 draft

Chase Hughes
Wed, June 8, 2022, 3:32 PM

Chase Hughes
Wed, June 8, 2022, 3:32 PM

Tracy McGrady sees two future stars in 2022 draft originally appeared on NBC Sports Washington

NBA legend Tracy McGrady sees two future stars in the 2022 NBA Draft and one of them is obvious, the other not so much.

In a conversation with NBC Sports Washington about his new 1-on-1 league, the Ones Basketball League, McGrady highlighted two guys who he thinks are next.

"I like the kid Johnny Davis. I think he has the ability to be a star in today's game. I think Jabari Smith has the ability to be a star in today's game. Those two really stand out to me of having that potential to be perennial All-Stars in the NBA," McGrady said.

Smith Jr. would be the obvious one, as he is the odds-on favorite to be picked first overall by the Orlando Magic. Davis, however, is expected to go outside of the top-5 and could be on the board when the Wizards are drafting at 10th overall.

7 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Something fun to think about: tomorrow, we’ve only two weeks away from the Draft. It feels so much farther before I made that calculation. Very exciting. 

Wingstop wings night.....

33 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

There are RED FLAGS with Chet's lack of a NBA body....no question, there are flags with every player.

Bottom line, the Magic selecting Chet with the # 1 pick is risky, very risky. He is a "big" time project. Will they do it? I think they take Jabari....he is more ready for the NBA game that is being played today. He is also one whole year younger.

I'm good with Smith too. He can knock it down and that is what we need. He'll be dynamite with Franz moving the ball. Chet? Two way monster who I think we can plug in elsewhere while WCJ handles duties at center and he'll alley oop with Suggs.

It's in our hands and unless there's a surprise option I'm likely to be very happy on draft night.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

This is eye opening to me, because I think most would agree that Paolo is the most gifted/polished offensively prospect currently.