CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

33 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

Givony’s latest article has Sharpe going 9 to The Spurs.  I know he is your guy but we can’t stay at 1 and pick him. I think when all is said and done he goes in the 4-7 range. We would definitely have to trade back and pick up some assets.  Otherwise that’s  bad asset management.   I’d prefer just to stay at 1 and draft Jabari or one of the other top 3 guys. 

Yeah that’s fair …but still over 2 weeks to go …things can change …I don’t care what pick we get him …he’s what we need and I want him …Givony also said this:

Will Kentucky mystery man Shaedon Sharpe overcome concerns about his lack of experience, and few opportunities for evaluation, and earn a selection sooner than expected?

And I love stories like this from today AM:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10037911-nba-exec-rips-shaedon-sharpes-high-draft-stock-show-me-where-the-5-star-s--t-is

At least he’s in the conversation …people are talking about him …even though this is negative …if you were Sharpe and saw articles like this would it motivate you to prove people wrong ? …I think you get my point …if he’s any kind of competitor stuff like this will add the chip to the shoulder .

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Or you could take a chance on a kid with the highest upside …doesn’t look like any of these 3 are guaranteed success stories either .

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CdzQXN9J_jO/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Sharpe is exactly what the NBA is selling …and I’m still waiting on that visit …things can change and since he’s said he wants to go one I’m pretty sure he’ll be out to impress…we need a Star desperately …getting a star can change the whole trajectory of this franchise 

If we do draft sharpe, he would play the 2 wouldn’t he, so why wouldn’t we go after a combo guard like Ivey who just might be the best player in this draft in a few yrs?

10 hours ago, MagicFanDan said:

I wish this forum had a voting function like other forums. I’d be curious to see the results for this group regarding who should be drafted first  

Attached  is a screenshot of the voting from another site. 

3B920C85-1D61-401F-8135-123B510FE3B2.jpeg

Someway, somehow we need to gauge our picks before the draft....with you on this one.

Just imagined a scenario where we trade 1 for 3+17, Chet falls to 3 and we pick Jalen Williams at 17. That's the new dream scenario.

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

Yeah that’s fair …but still over 2 weeks to go …things can change …I don’t care what pick we get him …he’s what we need and I want him …Givony also said this:

Will Kentucky mystery man Shaedon Sharpe overcome concerns about his lack of experience, and few opportunities for evaluation, and earn a selection sooner than expected?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10037911-nba-exec-rips-shaedon-sharpes-high-draft-stock-show-me-where-the-5-star-s--t-is

At least he’s in the conversation …people are talking about him …even though this is negative …if you were Sharpe and saw articles like this would it motivate you to prove people wrong ? …I think you get my point …if he’s any kind of competitor stuff like this will add the chip to the shoulder .

junkie we have been on this board at least 10+ years together (ive been here since 06') I am going to mercilessly ridicule you if sharpe is a bust every time you open your mouth about who to draft, and i hope you stick it to me every chance you get if your right and never let me live it down, lol.

• Upvote 4

I had a dream …except it became a nightmare …after watching the Finals on Sunday and all the physical play …I dreamed we drafted Holmgren …then I woke up saying WTH eyes bugged out .

Haha I hear you Nate you got a deal …highest upside but highest bust ability …time will tell …I just hope as a franchise we're not on the wrong side of the fence when all is said and done … can’t say it enough how important it is to get this right …even though the top of the draft doesn’t have Star potential imo

Edit: I’m a 5’10” guard and weigh 180 …Holmgren weighs 190 …sheesh !

Ok so weightlifting is my second love …I’m in the gym every day …there are guys coming in there right now that weigh 150 but can bench 300 …I tell people all the time that’s a true measure of strength …I guy that weighs 300 but benches 300 is basically doing his body weight .

Why do I bring this up ?

Googling Chet I wanted to see if I could find info about weight room strength …but I couldn’t find anything …just lots of articles, some defending his weight and some saying the opposite .

If anyone could find anything about his weight room strength I’d be interested …I might could be persuaded to get on his wagon …cause you can be 190 but if you’re physically strong it would help alleviate the disadvantages your weight gives you .

25 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Ok so weightlifting is my second love …I’m in the gym every day …there are guys coming in there right now that weigh 150 but can bench 300 …I tell people all the time that’s a true measure of strength …I guy that weighs 300 but benches 300 is basically doing his body weight .

Why do I bring this up ?

Googling Chet I wanted to see if I could find info about weight room strength …but I couldn’t find anything …just lots of articles, some defending his weight and some saying the opposite .

If anyone could find anything about his weight room strength I’d be interested …I might could be persuaded to get on his wagon …cause you can be 190 but if you’re physically strong it would help alleviate the disadvantages your weight gives you .

I’d be more interested to hear about leg strength and core, because that’s what you need to box out and rebound in the NBA. Back when I was in my late teens I was 5’10” and weighed about 175. I worked in a horse stable and regularly carried a 100 pound feed sack on each shoulder from the storage room in one barn to the feed room in the other (about 100 yards). Believe me when I say the leg and core strength mattered a lot more than just arm/lifting. 

9 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

I’d be more interested to hear about leg strength and core, because that’s what you need to box out and rebound in the NBA. Back when I was in my late teens I was 5’10” and weighed about 175. I worked in a horse stable and regularly carried a 100 pound feed sack on each shoulder from the storage room in one barn to the feed room in the other (about 100 yards). Believe me when I say the leg and core strength mattered a lot more than just arm/lifting. 

Ok so yeah gimme squat strength …bench was just a starting point …and I loved squatting …because as a bb player myself that’s when I made a major jump in my play …way more explosive …and I hear ya carrying the feed sack …not sure you lifted weights at that time but my guess is that is you could carry a 100 pound feed sack your legs would be strong doing squats also 

Ive said it before that I think this is low hanging fruit for Chet. Get him with NBA calibre strength and conditioning coaches and nutritionists and let him focus on his body and game full time for the first time in his life and I don't know whether he'll gain a tonne of weight but he'll get stronger and with added strength could very well come more explosiveness, which could potentially make him a better half court creator and maybe even a better rim protector if that's possible. Along with the obvious benefits of strength like post defense, screen setting (he already sets good screens I think, he's not shy about contact for a skinny guy but whether that translates to the pros we'll see), battling for rebounds etc. 

5 hours ago, ball junkie said:

I was very happy when Sharpe declared for this draft. If the Magic had fallen to 4 or so he would have been my pick as well.