CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

50 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Who's the win now help Orlando has to offer that Sac will want for 4?

Would love to take Sharpe 1 and then take the last of the big three still on the board.  If someone shockingly goes Ivey you get your pick from 2 of the 3. 

We don't have anything to offer Sacramento besides #1. There's legitimately no way we can get both #1 and #4. 

12 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

That half court shot by Poole had me even more excited.

I really like Herro and think he’ll be a fringe all star as a starter so I’d give up quite a lot. Maybe one of Suggs/WCJ plus a first rounder, or just two first rounders without young players leaving.

We need someone with a great shot and a little confidence so I wouldn’t be worried. I’d rather get an established player than take a shot on Sharpe who’s a mystery box.

You're crazy! For Herro? Smh lol

32 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

Betting odds for #1:

Jabari -600

Chet + 340

Paolo +2600

Shaedon +20000

Wow, this is interesting. I would have expected Jabari and Chet to be closer. 

Was this from a Vegas sports book? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nyce_1 said:

You're crazy! For Herro? Smh lol

Stats aren’t everything but dude averaged 20, 5 and 4 off the bench.

Can shoot and is a willing passer.

I don’t see Miami giving up on him so this is quite unrealistic 

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9zaXh0aG1hbnNob3cubGlic3luLmNvbS9yc3M/episode/N2U0ZjFhYzItZTU0Zi0xMWVjLTgwODYtNmI3OTU4MTE0ZDY2?hl=en&ved=2ahUKEwixp5y_4Jn4AhVOmYQIHaKEBPkQjrkEegQICBAH&ep=6
Magic beat writer Khobi Price podcast taped yesterday …he was with Magic brass the night of the lottery …gives a lot of insight …even shares he thinks it’s likely the Magic are gonna trade their 2 second rounders to get somewhere in the 20’s for a second first round pick …and of course the host wants to pin him down who he thinks they should take …they discuss all the top 3 ..Price said he was leaning Jabari …they both talked about the warts all 3 have …and finally Price acknowledged Weltham ain’t saying JACK …tight lipped as ever .

Lastly …the podcast is 70 minutes long …they spend the first 15 minutes talking about the infighting among Magic fans about who the team should pick …they are begging people that attend the draft party to please not boo if it’s not their guy …said cameras will be everywhere and shown on SportsCenter etc …they referenced the year Porzingis got picked and ESPN kept showing the little kid crying lol …last 40-45 minutes definitely more engaging 

21 minutes ago, MagicMoses said:

Issac, Ross, 32, 35 and a protected future 1st?

Please don’t take this as a personal attack, because it’s absolutely not intended as one. But if you were a Kings fan, would you accept this? 

I personally would be calling for the GM’s head if he traded the 4th pick for an expiring contract, a player who hasn’t played in 2 years, a future protected first round pick and (2) second round picks. 

1 hour ago, MagicFanDan said:

Please don’t take this as a personal attack, because it’s absolutely not intended as one. But if you were a Kings fan, would you accept this? 

I personally would be calling for the GM’s head if he traded the 4th pick for an expiring contract, a player who hasn’t played in 2 years, a future protected first round pick and (2) second round picks. 

Absolutely.  I can’t see anyone making a deal like that either.  

3 hours ago, MagicMoses said:

Issac, Ross, 32, 35 and a protected future 1st?

Suggs, Ross, and 1-2 firsts should get it done. But something tells me the Kings want more talent to contribute RIGHT NOW than that. 

Also, I only do that deal if I think Sharpe / Ivy are the next Penny Hardaway. I also don’t think a trade happens until draft night when the player we want falls to #4. I’m assuming many other groups will have an offer waiting in the wings for that #4. 

Man this front office got their work cut out for them

do you pick Chet who can be injury prone like Issac and porzingus, and how will he adjust to grown men who are stronger and freak athletes flying at him.

or Jabari a guy who struggles with putting the ball on the floor and shot 43% from the field against college defense.

and Paolo a guy who relies on playing bully ball with that 250 pound weight he has. Will that work against guys just as strong and Paolo’s handle and defense isn’t all that great