CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

17 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

This place is wild. I haven’t seen Sharpe mocked by anyone higher than 5. Even Givony, who supposedly is in love with him and is constantly quoted throughout this thread as being high on him has him at 7. I’d be shocked if Sharpe is even in consideration for us at the 1. Even if we steer clear of the big 3 for some reason, I’d prefer Keegan Murray, Ben Mathurin and Jaden Ivey over Sharpe.

Look, I understand that mystery boxes are fun, but the risk it too steep at the 1 in my opinion.

Since you mentioned the Givony mock and 7 I went back to it to see his actual quotes …this is what I found:

The Magic will cast a wide net in exploring whom to select with the top pick

The Thunder(2nd pick) do as good of a job as any team at keeping their intentions hidden, and they are also doing their homework with a pool that includes Holmgren, Banchero, Ivey and Sharpe.

Sharpe will also get a long look here(Detroit #5) but he will need to have a strong showing in a competitive private workout setting to solidify his standing at this slot.

The Blazers (#7)are early in their rebuilding process and can afford to swing for the fences for a prospect some consider to have the highest upside of any player in the draft. Sharpe is oozing with talent, possessing elite physical tools with his exceptional frame, length and explosiveness, to go along with dynamic perimeter shooting ability. There was a reason Sharpe was the No. 1-ranked player in his high school class, but his lack of experience and how little he has been evaluated might make it difficult for a team picking higher than this to roll the dice on him.

And then if some of you guys aren’t cool with taking Sharpe at 1 I found this :

The Kings(#4) were thrilled to move up three spots in the draft lottery, but now have a difficult decision in front of them. Opinions are split greatly among NBA executives at this point regarding who the best prospect is at this spot in the draft, and there's no clear home run candidate for what makes sense with Sacramento's existing players. On top of that, the Kings may not be viewed by agents as the most attractive situation for their clients either, which could prevent them from getting a full view of their options in terms of private workouts and medicals. That's one of the reasons some teams feel this pick is attainable in a trade if an established veteran who could help the Kings make a playoff push is available.

I think Sharpe is totally in consideration for 1 …jeez the year we drafted Howard all they had was HS video also …if he knocks it out if the park on his visit he’ll get picked …nobody gives 2 craps about what happened at UK …if you can play you can play …Sharpe was a 4 star his junior year but blew up because the Covid year 2020 he was spending 8 hours a day in a freakin gym …I like that kind of hunger …and to me all the shade being thrown his way about not enough sample size, cause that’s the only negative it’s never ever about talent except that he’s got the most upside …he should be highly motivated to prove the doubters wrong .

And I’ll remind Magic fans of the ineptitude of the last 12 seasons …totaling ONE playoff game victory …the inability to get any Star player to even sniff Orlando …that is unless you think Banchero, Holmgren and Smith will provide the Star material .

2 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Either this offseason or next offseason:

Tyler Herro, Anfernee Simons, Jordan Poole

Probably some other ones but I remember those from previous pages haha

all restricted, lol. 

I'd welcome Herro here but he's already feeling entitled and wants to be a starter. Do you bring that into this locker room? What's the most you'd give up to Miami for him? 

I love Poole but I think Warriors keep him. He's also a little low-IQ; straight gunner though. Poole + Jabari....with the unselfishness of Markelle/Franz/WCj.....we'd be tough AF to beat. Same with Herro.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Another wing player who can shoot. By my count we've worked out exactly 1 guard so far and it's someone who went back to school and was a teammate of a wing player we worked out at the same time. Literally everyone else has been 6'4+. You must be at least this tall to ride the bench for the Magic. 

7 hours ago, Nyce_1 said:

all restricted, lol. 

I'd welcome Herro here but he's already feeling entitled and wants to be a starter. Do you bring that into this locker room? What's the most you'd give up to Miami for him? 

I love Poole but I think Warriors keep him. He's also a little low-IQ; straight gunner though. Poole + Jabari....with the unselfishness of Markelle/Franz/WCj.....we'd be tough AF to beat. Same with Herro.

That half court shot by Poole had me even more excited.

I really like Herro and think he’ll be a fringe all star as a starter so I’d give up quite a lot. Maybe one of Suggs/WCJ plus a first rounder, or just two first rounders without young players leaving.

We need someone with a great shot and a little confidence so I wouldn’t be worried. I’d rather get an established player than take a shot on Sharpe who’s a mystery box.

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Also someone on Reddit is keeping track of everyone we've worked out:

Thanks for sharing. I’ve been looking for this list. 

• Like 1

Colin Gillespie in for a workout. Not a very WeltHam guy if you look who they like historically and he's a 5th year senior but he can really shoot it and Villanova guys are usually smart and tough.

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

It’s happening! Kings will listen to offers for the 4th pick https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/267262/Kings-Will-Listen-To-Offers-For-Fourth-Pick

Nice …and you know what I’m thinking …make it happen Weltham …set us up for the future …if they value one of those bigs LFG …it’s fleece time or so I hope 

• Like 1

Who's the win now help Orlando has to offer that Sac will want for 4?

Would love to take Sharpe 1 and then take the last of the big three still on the board.  If someone shockingly goes Ivey you get your pick from 2 of the 3.