CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

21 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

For example....Giannis. The only thing Rob Hennigan had to bring to that draft was a tape measure. John Hammond did and drafted to the Bucks as pick 15 he went.....a gem, franchise player and champion.

That tape measure is still in John's tool box....believe he won't use it for Chet but for sure next year for Victor Wembanyama IF WE GET LUCKY AND GET 1 AGAIN !!!!

The odds on that are very low. The last time we got #1 two years in a row, they changed the odds. I don’t think we will be that bad again next year.

Very fair analysis …detailed …talks about the UK issue and it’s effect on his draft status …has him pegged going 3, 4 or 5 …I seriously don’t think he’ll make it past 4 …talks about strengths and weaknesses …

Nate …I really appreciate that offer …and that sounds like a plan …I’m just hoping like crazy Weltham gets it right …I don’t want us to be sitting here after draft night with an over abundance of bigs .

Fan …respect bro …always speaking your mind in a respectful way …

Edit: If you don’t wanna listen to the whole thing at least listen to his conclusion

Edit: He’s the first guy with the Jamal Murray comparison but I’ve been thinking that all along 

7 hours ago, Nyce_1 said:

Aome good Chet highlights from his U19

That’s fire. Geez. Hard not to see his elite skillset on both ends.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Looking back at old drafts, it’s amazing how many misses there have been year in and out.

Not just that, but a lot of times there are absolute gems picked at like 13th or 21st. Incredible 

9 hours ago, Nyce_1 said:

Exactly. The FO is letting the speculation ride. They don't care; they have the 1st pick and will take whoever they want. I doubt they try to be cute and trade back. They're happy to be here and will enjoy the stress-free draft. 

8 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Looking back at old drafts, it’s amazing how many misses there have been year in and out.

And this is why it’s not a stress free draft in any way.  Drafts are always a crapshoot, this one seemingly more than most.  Having the #1 pick brings great pressure to “get it right”.  We’ll see what they come up with, but we won’t know how much their selection helps the franchise or if it was the right selection for a couple of years.  

And I’m not sure that keeping mum all the time is the best approach.   Don’t we want to hear what other teams might be bringing to the table?   

58 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Not just that, but a lot of times there are absolute gems picked at like 13th or 21st. Incredible 

In my opinion a lot of this stuff is right place right time when you get later in the draft. And what I mean by that is the right prospect goes to the right organisation that has the right development plan and the right type of people and playing situation to get the best out of them. The prospect obviously still has to do all the work though, and that's part of why personality is so important in prospects in my opinion especially when you're drafting later on, work ethic, toughness, grit etc is unteachable and those are the types of guys more likely to hit in any situation. 

5 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

And I’m not sure that keeping mum all the time is the best approach.   Don’t we want to hear what other teams might be bringing to the table?   

We're only quiet to the media. Nothing leaks to the media from our side. We will be talking to other front offices all the time. A lot of conversations will have happened at the combine around potential trade ideas etc since every team was there.

11 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I’d be surprised if we’re considering him at 1, but I’d be as surprised if we weren’t considering him at all through a trade back option. Guys like Givony, Hollinger and others are definitely intrigued, and great guards slip all the time (e.g. Paul, SGA, Maxey, Haliburton, etc).

I would think all the top guys are considered at 1 until they actually work out for us. I would hope that they base their decision on interviews and performance rather than they hype from writers. 

Oh geeeeez , I have talked myself into wanting Chet,  Hear me out.. 

Chet may be exactly what this team needs. With his size and skill and potential he would be joining a team of Markelle, Suggs, Franz, And JI which could be a great starting 5. If JI does get hurt again then Wendell or Chet can slide to the 4  and still have a nice lineup.

I know some of you guys are down on Suggs but I believe he will be an All Star soon and the chemistry that him and Chet already have will be really amazing for this team and it is a huge advantage.

I also believe JI is healthy now and when he came back in the bubble he was just nasty and I believe he will duplicate that minus the injury so we have the 4 position locked. 

I think the Magic are probably thinking some of the same things so Chet will be the guy and I hope the Magic training staff can help him build some size

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Since I really like the free agent crop, I’m cool with taking one of the PFs to be a complementary piece and then steal a Guard in free agency.

what guard(s) do you like?

1 hour ago, Nyce_1 said:

what guard(s) do you like?

Either this offseason or next offseason:

Tyler Herro, Anfernee Simons, Jordan Poole

Probably some other ones but I remember those from previous pages haha