CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

The closer we get to drafting and the more In read, I think Sharpe has the best chance to be that generational player that is a real game changer. I'd be OK with Jabari or Banchero, but I honestly feel that Sharpe is the go to scorer that we so badly need.

If he rocks his interview and floor test, Weltham will have to make a hard choice. As long as it isn't stickboy I'll be happy!

This place is wild. I haven’t seen Sharpe mocked by anyone higher than 5. Even Givony, who supposedly is in love with him and is constantly quoted throughout this thread as being high on him has him at 7. I’d be shocked if Sharpe is even in consideration for us at the 1. Even if we steer clear of the big 3 for some reason, I’d prefer Keegan Murray, Ben Mathurin and Jaden Ivey over Sharpe.

Look, I understand that mystery boxes are fun, but the risk it too steep at the 1 in my opinion.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Nyce_1 said:

No surprise here, we’re either leaking this as a smoke screen, or more likely we’re not saying a GD thing and we’re letting everyone speculate. 

28 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

This place is wild. I haven’t seen Sharpe mocked by anyone higher than 5. Even Givony, who supposedly is in love with him and is constantly quoted throughout this thread as being high on him has him at 7. I’d be shocked if Sharpe is even in consideration for us at the 1. Even if we steer clear of the big 3 for some reason, I’d prefer Keegan Murray, Ben Mathurin and Jaden Ivey over Sharpe.

Look, I understand that mystery boxes are fun, but the risk it too steep at the 1 in my opinion.

I’d be surprised if we’re considering him at 1, but I’d be as surprised if we weren’t considering him at all through a trade back option. Guys like Givony, Hollinger and others are definitely intrigued, and great guards slip all the time (e.g. Paul, SGA, Maxey, Haliburton, etc).

11 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

No surprise here, we’re either leaking this as a smoke screen, or more likely we’re not saying a GD thing and we’re letting everyone speculate. 

Exactly. The FO is letting the speculation ride. They don't care; they have the 1st pick and will take whoever they want. I doubt they try to be cute and trade back. They're happy to be here and will enjoy the stress-free draft. 

4 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Fan I love your style …I can tell you are an independent thinker …you don’t necessarily follow the masses lol.

You got that right. Masses go one way and I’m on the bullet train going the opposite way. Lol. Really enjoyed your in-depth explanation and honesty. But even though Sharpe may be the best fit and player, I seriously doubt Weltman has the balls to pick him at number one. He will seriously get roasted by mainstream media. He has yet to go out on to any limb, and this would be like a Freefall jump into the Grand Canyon. 

we will see and the suspense is the best thing in the Magic world in a long time. Enjoy it while it lasts. 

27 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

You got that right....not higher than 5 anywhere. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I’d be surprised if we’re considering him at 1, but I’d be as surprised if we weren’t considering him at all through a trade back option. Guys like Givony, Hollinger and others are definitely intrigued, and great guards slip all the time (e.g. Paul, SGA, Maxey, Haliburton, etc).

I agree that guards do fall all the time, but in your examples:

SGA wasn’t ever getting picked over Ayton, Luka, Trae

Maxey and Halliburton were never getting picked over Edwards and LaMelo

CP3, I’m not sure how he fell to 4, but man he had a hell of a resume, especially to compare someone like Shaedon Sharpe to

I doubt we’d trade back, but I’ve been wrong before

1 minute ago, Soul Bro said:

Looking back at old drafts, it’s amazing how many misses there have been year in and out.

For example....Giannis. The only thing Rob Hennigan had to bring to that draft was a tape measure. John Hammond did and drafted to the Bucks as pick 15 he went.....a gem, franchise player and champion.

That tape measure is still in John's tool box....believe he won't use it for Chet but for sure next year for Victor Wembanyama IF WE GET LUCKY AND GET 1 AGAIN !!!!