CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

13 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

The irony is your reason for steering clear of Smith is the very reason I think the Magic brass probably prefer him. Just look at who Toronto has drafted and WeltHam have drafted. They love very long, interchangeable, two way, pterodactyls. I could totally see them falling in love with a lineup that starts Wagner (2), Isaac (3), and Smith (or Chet)(4), just as Toronto proved the effectiveness of starting Barnes, Anunoby and Siakim. And keep in mind, Wagner did play some 2 at Michigan. Would it lead to a championship for Orlando? No idea.

Agreed. The big appeal on Jabari especially is he fits todays NBA mold of position-less basketball. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

And on the guards …outside of Fultz potential our guards point blank sucked …like worst in the league offensively and big part of that blame is on guards and wings …so any decent guard/wing drafted shouldn’t have any problem carving a role/minutes

Lol. QFT

I think Jabari will be like Jaren Jackson jr with the balance tilted more towards offense. Warming up to the idea of drafting him.

What I really want is for us to steal Tyler Herro in free agency, next season

I've got Jabari 3rd on my board but I can't really deny the arguments being made for him. He's a fantastic fit for playoff basketball even if he may not be a superstar scorer. 

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm with you, my point was more... How confident are we that Jabari is going to be an elite shooter versus just a very good one? Because that's kind of the difference between Klay Thompson and Danny Green. Obviously being 6'10 helps, he'll probably be more impactful than Green even if he's only a very good shooter because of that.

I'm at 

1a. Chet

1b. Paolo 

1c. Jabari

Everyone else.

EDIT: on reflection the Danny Green comment is kind of a stretch but I think it still makes the point that the level of shooter you are can dramatically affect your outcome when shooting is your main offensive skill.

Why not a Kevin Durant? Smaller wingspan with less ball handling skills....but stronger and better defensively.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I think Jabari will be like Jaren Jackson jr with the balance tilted more towards offense. Warming up to the idea of drafting him.

What I really want is for us to steal Tyler Herro in free agency, next season

Good comparison. "Tilted towards offense"

1 minute ago, Albert Lergier said:

Why not a Kevin Durant? Smaller wingspan with less ball handling skills....but stronger and better defensively.

Because Kevin Durant is one of the greatest scorers of all time.. and Jabari is just not that. 

What I really want is #1 pick Fultz to regain his draft form and to stay healthy and to be paired with our #1 pick of 2022. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Because Kevin Durant is one of the greatest scorers of all time.. and Jabari is just not that. 

Jabari projected per 36 MPG = Potential for 20 to 25 PPG,  40% from 3 in his rookie year. This is elite. And can defend 94' x 50'

Kevin in his rookie year 20 PPG and 29% from 3

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

The irony is your reason for steering clear of Smith is the very reason I think the Magic brass probably prefer him. Just look at who Toronto has drafted and WeltHam have drafted. They love very long, interchangeable, two way, pterodactyls. I could totally see them falling in love with a lineup that starts Wagner (2), Isaac (3), and Smith (or Chet)(4), just as Toronto proved the effectiveness of starting Barnes, Anunoby and Siakim. And keep in mind, Wagner did play some 2 at Michigan. Would it lead to a championship for Orlando? No idea.

I didn’t say to steer clear of him …just that anybody that thinks he’s gonna be this wing/perimeter player extraordinaire like what we're seeing dominate the playoffs …it’d be something we haven’t seen from him thus far in his career …he’d have to take a huge jump …I gave him his credit for his strengths ….Wagner at the 2 lol …I love that kid but I can just see him trying to guard the elites at that position .

Back to Isaac …it’s weird, and I haven’t posted here since Dwight left and Henny ( I have no clue how to construct a functional roster) was starting his job …but I get the feeling some of you are hoping he flails again so the big you want drafted can move in …especially you Soul being an FSU fan …I mean I’m pulling for that guy big time …cause if he’s healthy our defense takes a major step …and we and he have proven this when he played .

We need elite wings …just like every friggin team in the league salivates over …3 way scorers …hard to turn a kid into that who hasn’t already been doing that thus far in his career 

Edit: are we really back to the Kevin Durant comparisons …momma told me there’d be days like this lol

10 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

We need elite wings …just like every friggin team in the league salivates over …3 way scorers …hard to turn a kid into that who hasn’t already been doing that thus far in his career 

Who we need is Sharpe. The question is, do we have the balls to take him #1

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Idk who said it but whoever said Jabari was just a 6’10 T Ross messed up my whole outlook on Jabari at 1 lmao