CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

7 hours ago, Nyce_1 said:

who will be better: Paolo or Franz?

You know what franz can do because he played a year, but I do think that Paolo has a bigger bag of offensive moves, because he can post up and he has great foot work on the block. Franz is the better defender and spot up shooter. Paolo has the alpha mind set on offense so Paolo will be the better go to scorer, because franz is fine with just being a 2nd or 3rd option. 

In the end, they can play together so it does not matter - unless you think that franz or fultz is your superstar so you want an ultra skilled role player in Smith. I thought franz should have had the ball in his hands 100,000 more times last year. I personally think we can have our version of Boston with J. Brown and Tatum - having both Franz and Paolo respectively. 

To not dodge the question, I think Paolo has the higher upside and I am building around him, so Paolo is projected to be better for me, but I like Franz a lot. I just wish he demanded the ball in his hands more. Franz was our best closer last year and I would love to see Paolo and Franz Pick and rolls... OMG... 

Paolo is the type of player that will put fans in the seats. I cannot say that for the other players - outside of Ivey and sharp. 

3 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

Jabari or Franz?

I’m 50/50 here. I think both will be great two way players over the long haul.

14 hours ago, LaVar said:

I thought franz should have had the ball in his hands 100,000 more times last year. I personally think we can have our version of Boston with J. Brown and Tatum - having both Franz and Paolo respectively. 

I love the optimism, and I love Franz. What a pick. I personally see Franz in the mold of vintage Gordon Hayward, but I’ll take the Brown comp!

On 5/28/2022 at 3:30 PM, ball junkie said:

Jerry …what did Sharpe say when Shams Charania asked him where he wanted to go in the draft ….I rest my case lol 

Ask the best prospects and they have 2 answers...I'm the best player and should be #1 or I want the best fit. All training PR replies. 

1 hour ago, Nyce_1 said:

Ask the best prospects and they have 2 answers...I'm the best player and should be #1 or I want the best fit. All training PR replies. 

She asked him specifically about Orlando and did he wanna be the first pick…I would have at least said something positive like “yeah Orlando has a nice nucleus can’t wait to get down there and work out” .

Chet is considered a candidate for the top pick …never heard a guy who is considered a candidate not say “I wanna be the top guy” …I mean sheesh …who wouldn’t wanna be the top pick in the league lol …seemed to me he was worried about the fit in Orlando and quite frankly so am I …Everybody saying Issac is not dependable …like he isn’t even a part of the team anymore …while Jonathan saying he’s ready to go …others saying he could have played but the tank was on …I don’t see any world where Holmgren and Issac would be happy platooning …and I didn’t watch the team much but most people here say WCJ has the 5 on lockdown …Isaac was a DPOY candidate his last season …don’t him and Chet kinda do the same things ?

Anyway, I think it’s all a mute point …Givony saying NBA execs telling him Orlando wants Smith …also way to much negativity about Chet from the fan base imo and that is relevant …Chet has a lot of support but there are also a lot of naysayers …just like on this message board 

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2956486-2022-nba-mock-draft-how-3-trades-could-shake-up-the-lottery.amp.html

This mock is pretty interesting. The pieces of the trade for #4 seem realistic, though I doubt they’d pick Griffin.

I feel like the cost for the #4 pick and Harrison Barnes should be much greater. If that’s the case, I’m sure we can trade a future first and one of our core players for that pic without Harrison Barnes, unless the kings are looking to offload Harrison Barnes and his contract, which case we would happily take it on since we have so much cap room. 

John Collins is good (I’ve been watching him as he went to my alma mater in WFU), but he’s not #4 pick good. 

52 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

She asked him specifically about Orlando and did he wanna be the first pick…I would have at least said something positive like “yeah Orlando has a nice nucleus can’t wait to get down there and work out” .

Chet is considered a candidate for the top pick …never heard a guy who is considered a candidate not say “I wanna be the top guy” …I mean sheesh …who wouldn’t wanna be the top pick in the league lol …seemed to me he was worried about the fit in Orlando and quite frankly so am I …Everybody saying Issac is not dependable …like he isn’t even a part of the team anymore …while Jonathan saying he’s ready to go …others saying he could have played but the tank was on …I don’t see any world where Holmgren and Issac would be happy platooning …and I didn’t watch the team much but most people here say WCJ has the 5 on lockdown …Isaac was a DPOY candidate his last season …don’t him and Chet kinda do the same things ?

Anyway, I think it’s all a mute point …Givony saying NBA execs telling him Orlando wants Smith …also way to much negativity about Chet from the fan base imo and that is relevant …Chet has a lot of support but there are also a lot of naysayers …just like on this message board 

Agreed. I'm a Jabari/Chet/Shaedon guy. 

Going to be a wild 4 weeks.

• Upvote 1