CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

15 hours ago, Wilbur said:

On Sharpe. If I'm a scout for a team draft in the 6-10 range I'm throwing shade non stop hoping he drops.

UK needs to get over it.  The kid didn't think he was draft eligible. When he found out he was draft eligible and he'd likely go top 10 he decided to take the money and run. 

High school and AAU games, and even college games are a great predictor of NBA success.  What are his metrics and what's the attitude?

Sharpe's metrics are freakish. That's not in dispute. The Magic should basically have scouts living with him the next few weeks.  He says he wants to be #1, prove it.  Prove you've got the drive.

Wilbur great point about the 6-10 range and throwing shade …I didn’t think about that …I’d even extend that further …go to YouTube and google Sharpe’s name …every team picking in the top 10 I can find vids intrigued by the Sharpe talent and trying to figure out how to draft him and yes lots of OKC and Houston too…but when I google Chet and Jabari I don’t see that …Sharpe intrigue growing by the day on the internet and YouTube and it will only continue to get louder the closer to the draft we get …still a little less than 4 weeks to go.

• Upvote 1

Khobi Price just wrote a piece about who the Magic interviewed at the combine and who they're hosting for workouts but I can't access the Orlando Sentinel website in the UK if anyone would be so kind as to share the info :) 

12 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I don’t think so, as he’s not seen as a quick or switchable player on defense. 

In 1 of the March Madness games I watched him swipe at the ball as a guard dribbled past him on the way for a layup. Reminded me of Vuc. I remember so many games that6 teams had layup drills against Vuc.

What’s hard is Paulo is so gifted on offense with the ball in his hands. Meanwhile, on defense, there are so many lapses. The more I watch him, he’s so similar to Blake G, which is a wonderful and terrible thing.

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

What’s hard is Paulo is so gifted on offense with the ball in his hands. Meanwhile, on defense, there are so many lapses. The more I watch him, he’s so similar to Blake G, which is a wonderful and terrible thing.

Pistons Blake is the comp I think. That Blake had developed all the passing and post game but was a lot less explosive.

While he's(Holmgren) got a strong case as the best prospect in the draft, going to the Oklahoma City Thunder with the second pick may be the ideal fit he's looking for.

OKC features a promising core of young talent, led by Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Josh Giddey, Luguentz Dort, Darius Bazley and Isaiah Roby. Someone who fits the system with prototypical center size is the one thing that's been missing.

Thoughts ? …For me he’s basically saying he knows he doesn’t fit in Orlando 

11 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

While he's(Holmgren) got a strong case as the best prospect in the draft, going to the Oklahoma City Thunder with the second pick may be the ideal fit he's looking for.

OKC features a promising core of young talent, led by Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Josh Giddey, Luguentz Dort, Darius Bazley and Isaiah Roby. Someone who fits the system with prototypical center size is the one thing that's been missing.

Thoughts ? …For me he’s basically saying he knows he doesn’t fit in Orlando 

Chet isn't saying anything that's just the opinion of the writer who I've literally never heard of.

And Chet is a near perfect fit in Orlando. Franz/Chet/WCJ is just about an ideal 3/4/5 skillset combination. Plus the synergy of being very familiar with Suggs since they played HS and AAU together.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Chet isn't saying anything that's just the opinion of the writer who I've literally never heard of.

And Chet is a near perfect fit in Orlando. Franz/Chet/WCJ is just about an ideal 3/4/5 skillset combination. Plus the synergy of being very familiar with Suggs since they played HS and AAU together.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/05/28/chet-holmgren-not-sweating-nba-draft-i-want-to-land-in-best-fit/
The lady asks him point blank if he wants to play in Orlando …the writer thinks OKC is his best fit 

Edit you left Jonathan Isaac out of your equation …pretty sure he’ll be starting …he says he’s healthy and it was obvious he could have played but the tank was on 

3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

we will regret not taking  him. He is the best player in the draft. IMO